Second

"Did you make friends yesterday?"

"I guess"

I shrug as I take a bite out of my toast. She just smiles at me as she spreads more jam on her toast. As I munch on the bread I try to think of some conversation starters.

"So what happened yesterday?"

I shrug again not knowing what to say. She just nods.

"Okay here's your lunch"

I quickly take it and stuff it in my bag.

"Bye mum"

"Have fun"

I look at her cringing as I head out the door. I can hear her laugh through the wall. The cool breeze hits my face and I wrap the scarf around my neck more tightly. I look around the city as I walk to school.

The people always looked so busy. Their footsteps were always heavy with stress. I loved walking on my own, just taking my time and taking in my surrounding. I take out my phone and snap some photos of the tall buildings. As I looked down at my phone I accidentally bump into someone. I look up to see Taehyung.

"Ah! (Y/n)!"

I give him a small smile. I get out my notepad and write two letters on it.

'Hi'

He gives me a soft smile as he says hi back. I give him an awkward look as I keep walking forward.

"So I was thinking about what we could do about the art assessment"

I was about to speak but I stop myself. I get out my pen and start writing. Suddenly he pulls me towards him and I land in his chest. My eyes widen as I look up at him. He looks deeply into my eyes before sheepishly smiling at me.

"Sorry you were about to bump into someone"

I make an o shape with my mouth as a quickly bow on thanks.

"So what were you going to say?"

I show him the notepad.

'We've got a whole month to think about it. So we should take our time'

He nods at me before smiling.

"Ah okay, you're right. We need to think deeply about the art and the meaning"

He starts making some strange faces and hand gestures and I snicker at him silently. He starts to laugh.

"I'm sorry. Ah we should be going now. See ya at art class"

I nod my head as we walk apart to our classroom.

I go inside the rowdy room and sit down quickly on my seat. I realised the person next to me was already there.

"Um, hi uh I'm..."

She keeps stuttering but I don't bother to look at her. I didn't feel like talking to anyone this morning. Suddenly the teacher bursts in through the door and starts home room.

During the lesson the person next to me hands me a note.

'Are you deaf?'

Why does everyone assume this? I look at her offended and she starts panicking.

"Ah I'm sorry I didn't meant to, I uh"

She stops speaking as I write on her paper.

'I'm not deaf but I am mute'

She starts to calm down as she reads it. She lets out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it"

I wave my hands out to tell her it's okay. She smiles in relief. She takes a deep breath out before looking at me in the eyes determined.

"I'm Aera"

I give her a quick wave and she gives me a genuine smile causing me to smile. She kind of reminded me of myself, but less snobby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So um (y/n) I'll see you at lunch?"

Her voice was so shaky that it caused me to silently laugh.

"D-did I say something wrong?"

I shake my head and get out my notepad.

'Yep I'll see you at the roof'

She gives me the brightest smile before awkwardly leaving. I start walking to art class when suddenly I bump into Taehyung.

"Hey (y/n)! Wanna walk to class together?"

I cover my ears at his loud voice. I nod and he grabs my arm dragging me along with him. I lazily stomp next to him as he takes big strides.

"I always look forward to art class, it's my favourite. Along with music of course"

I let go of his arm and write something down.

'You like music?'

"Yea I like making it, though I suck"

He chuckles as he scratches the back of his neck. I smile at him.

'I'm sure you're not!'

"Hehe thanks, but enough about me, how about you? Tell me about yourself"

I put on a straight face. I hated that question.

'Uhh I don't know what to say, I guess I'm boring and I like art'

"Well you're not boring if you like art"

I look to the floor and he laughs grabbing my hand again. The rest of the walk was just him talking by himself. I just stayed quietly beside him. I smiled at his presence.

He sure talked much, but that was good for someone like me who didn't talk at all.

What a shit chapter. Sorry, I'll try to speed things up hehe