Extra Story

Back when Taehyung was a little fetus.

"Eomma!"

"Oh hey Taehyung-ah, are you going to come with mummy to work?"

Taehyung nods his head furiously with a bright smile on his face. His mum chuckles while ruffling his hair.

"Alright come on then"

She kneels down, putting her backpack to the front. He hops on her back, squealing as she gets up. His mum couldn't help but laugh hearing his adorable squeals.

She walks to the bus stop and they both turn their heads around looking for the bus. When it finally arrives she walks inside while trying to make sure Taehyung's wiggling legs wouldn't make him fall off her back.

After a few stops she pressed the button, pushing Taehyung back up and repositioning her arms as he was starting to slide down.

Taehyung could obviously see his mum struggling so he decided to run around her instead. His little feet wouldn't stop moving as he dashed around her in circle, resulting in her getting dizzy.

Once they finally got to the river bank she carried him again and safely got to the other side using the log as a bridge.

Taehyung jumped off her back and screamed, diving into the tall grass. His mum's laughs filled the air.

"Alright are you going to help me with colouring in?"

"Yes! Yes!"

His cheeks puffing up resembling a cute marshmallow. She continued to smile as she sketched out a rough and simple sketch of the river. She made sure the space between the lines were just big enough for him to colour it in.

"Okay here"

She gave him some crayons and sat him up on a small rock. His feet waved around as he happily used the green crayon for practically everything, other than the water.

He looked towards his mum who was now colouring in a more complex drawing. He awed at her precision with her pencils.

"Maybe I should colour it something other than green?"

He whispered to himself while looking up to the sky.

"Wait no, mum only does it green"

He continues to argue with himself before giving in to the ray of other colours set out in front of him.

He picked up the bright orange and filled in the plants.

For hours he continued to carefully colour in the individual plants with exotic colours, hoping his mother would like it.

He began rubbing his eyes at how dark it was getting.

"Mum! Look-"

He look around confused when he doesn't find his mother at her usual spot. He starts searching for her helplessly. As the seconds go by he becomes more worried and soon breaks out crying.

The forest was completely dark now, Taehyung couldn't see where he was walking anymore. He continued to rub his crying eyes with a crayon in one hands. His wails echoed through out the silent forest.

"Taehyung-ah!"

He looks up quickly and try to search for his dear mother. She runs up to him and pulls him into a tight hug. She rubbed his back hushing him to stop crying.

"I'm sorry Taehyung-ah, I didn't mean to leave you"

Taehyung kept crying despite her apology. She pulls away from the hug and wipes his face with her delicate fingers.

"It's okay.... open your eyes dear"

Taehyung refused her offer and shook his head harshly.

"Do you trust me?"

Hesitantly he nods his head slowly.

"Then open your eyes"

He bit his lip to stop himself from sobbing again. As he opened his eyes he had expected to see darkness, but instead was met with hundreds of floating lights.

And as the forest lit up so did his face. His frown became a huge grin, his crying eyes shone with curiosity.

"Woah! What are they?"

"They're fireflies, they light up in the dark when you're lost. So if you ever get lost again-"

He looked up at her with such pretty eyes causing her to break into a smile. She lowered herself, meeting his eye.

"-they will light up the forest for you so you can see again"

Taehyung grin grew even bigger almost taking up his whole face. He threw his arms around her neck and hugged her tightly while jumping up and down.

"It's so cool!!"

He broke off their hug and began running around trying to chase the flies, giggling all the while.

Soon he got to tired and laid down next to his mother who was still drawing.

"Mum"

She hums in a reply, not taking her eyes off her sketch book.

"Even if they do help me when I'm lost, you still can't leave me okay?"

She chuckles while still sketching with her pencil.

"Of course honey"

"Promise?"

His mum smiles and shifts her position to face him completely. He had gotten her full attention now. She holds his tiny face in her hands and leans closer to his face, with their noses touching she whispers.

"I will never leave you again my Taehyung-ah"

Don't ask me how this makes sense irl just appreciate my horrible attempt to convey sad feelings into you.