A serious game I

A/N

Note: [""] are the announcers talking.

"Okay class, last evening I cut new wood for the wall. You all are going to help me put the wood in, place the drywall on, and paint it. Fortunately, we had paint left over from last time." Tsuna explained to the class.

"Hey Tsuna-sensei, why are we fixing the wall? Couldn't Korosensei do it by himself?" Maehara

Tsuna sighed. "He said he could do it, and not to worry." The teacher started to explain. A picture of a confident octopus formed in the students's minds.

"And, then he found out how much it costs." Tsuna continued with another sigh.

The image in the student's minds changed. A nervous octopus showed his empty wallet, bowed quickly, and ran away

'Yeah...that seems right. Korosensei is a cheapskate.' The class collectively thought.

"So I'm footing the bill for materials and turning it into a home ec. project." Tsuna finished his story.

"And you're having your class do the labor so you don't have to pay anyone. That's clever." Karma teased with a smirk.

Tsuna smiled, bemused. "I don't know whether to take your compliment as a good thing or a bad thing."

The students that had the same problem with Karma's compliments, chuckled.

XXX

Sugino, Karma, and Nagisa were walking together after school.

"The bad weather is over!" Sugino exclaimed.

"It's going to get hot soon." Nagisa commented.

"Let's start spending more time outside, I want to be more active." Sugino said.

"Sounds good, you know I'm in." Nagisa agreed.

"What would the two of you say to some fishing?" Karma suggested.

"Fishing? That sounds like it would be fun, what's in season?" Nagisa asked.

Devil horns and a tail popped up behind Karma. "In the summer months, delinquents are out in droves. Use Nagisa as bait, there's no telling how many of the b******* we can shake down." The red head explained with a grin.

"I didn't realize delinquents had a season." Nagisa said with a sweatdrop.

"Seriously though, let's do something today!" Sugino complained.

"There's always the beach." Nagisa commented.

The three stopped and looked at the baseball team that practiced behind a tall chain link fence.

"Play hard today." A girl by the fence encouraged.

The baseball team captain, Kazutaka Shindo threw an amazing fastball, it thudded into the catcher's mitt. He looked over at the fence.

"Hey, hey. Look who it is. Long time no see, Sugino." Shindo said.

"Wow, check it out guys!" One guy declared. "Sugino!" "How's it going, man?" "Sup, dude?"

The baseball team came over to the fence. "Hey." Sugino said and walked over.

"Way to never come by and say 'hello' to your old team mates." One teen teased.

"Yeah, I know. I suck." Sugino joked back.

"You're pitching in the big tournament, right?" One baseball member asked.

Sugino smiled. "Well, I haven't decided on it yet. But I'd sure like to."

"It'd sure be epic if you did." One guy declared and put his fist against the fence. Sugino grinned and fist bumped his old friend. "Yeah." Sugino agreed.