Umbrellas and walls

Karasuma sat in the teacher lounge. His laptop placed in front of him on a desk.

To T. Karasuma 

From Special Service Headquarters 

'Your second transfer student will arrive on 6/15. No need for detailed discussions in advance; comply with his attendant's wishes. 

This is our longest awaited favorite.'

Karasuma typed in his reply.

To Special Service Headquarters 

From T. Karasuma

'Understood.'

Tsuna was grievously later then usual today. Luckily, his class was much later on in the day.

It was raining today, that was rarely a good sign.

Tsuna stopped at the beginning of the main path. The water had turned the main mountain path into mud and swamp. Small patches of weeds and trees roots provided the only clean steps available.

It'll take longer, but he'd take the over grown path instead. He rather be late then have to pick his way through the muck.

Tsuna strode through the wet plants that most gardeners would call weeds. Small blue flowers and purple star shaped flowers were inevitably crushed under his shoes.

Tsuna looked behind him and frowned. Small blotches of ruined greenery lay behind him.

"It's a shame to destroy such a pretty scene." Tsuna said softly. But he continued on. He had a destination, a place where he had to be.

The birds huddled together in nests, holes, and on tree branches to stay dry. No brave animal dared venture out in the morning downpour.

The pitter patter of rain hit the child's cheek. It was as if the sky cried for the child, because he did not know to cry for himself.

The rain was always immediately whipped away by unforeseen hands. The child payed the rain no mind aside from keeping dry.

The pitter patter of rain was there, but suddenly it was more distant. The child looked up.

A man held a clear umbrella over himself and the child. His brunette locks were tugged to and fro by the breeze.

"Why are you here?" Tsuna asked. He held back a flinch at the waxy orbs.

The child's eyes were stagnant as he stated, "I'm waiting for my guardian."

Tsuna didn't like this. His instincts screamed that the child was both dangerous and harmless. The white hair and the dry state of the child were unnatural.

But it was the eyes that disturbed the Don. He had never seen such dead eyes on anyone but the most condemned mafioso at the hands of merciless interrogators. Not a single flicker of hope. The eyes did not belong on anyone, least of all on a child.

"What is your name?" Tsuna asked calmly. He had kept a straight face while watching bloody power plays and assassination carried out before him. He would not be afraid because of a child...but he would take no shame in being afraid for a child.

"Itona Horibe." The white haired child stated, as if that explained everything. Perhaps it did, with certain information.

"Where do you come from?" Tsuna continued on. "I do not know." The child answered as blankly as before.

The conversation had run it's course dry, regardless of the surrounding weather. There was only one more question for Tsuna to ask. "Do you want my umbrella?"