day 4 ;

Walking out of the classroom was all Jaemin needed to do to know that it wasn't.

As he stepped out of the room, Jaemin caught Jeno leaning against the wall beside the door with his eyes on someone he knew he shouldn't have his eyes on.

Jaemin heaved a heavy sigh, then wrapped his hand around Jeno's arm, shaking it to catch his attention.

"Jeno," Jaemin called.

Jeno seemed to have heard what he said for he turned to Jaemin and stood straight before nodded towards the school exit. "Let's leave."

With that, Jaemin and Jeno walked home with awkward silence sticking to them like irritating chewing gum.

"Jaemin," Jeno called, snapping him out of his thoughts and stopping him on his tracks.

"Yeah?" jaemin responded, turning to him with a raised eyebrow.

"You're awfully silent today," Jeno pointed out. "Are you alright?"

"I'm alright," Jaemin lied with a small smile.

Jeno looked like he didn't seem to buy it for a second, but then, he decided to drop the subject, much to Jaemin's relief.

Before Jaemin could get succumbed by his Jeno-revolving thoughts again, he felt his arm tugged back, stopping him from walking.

"Hey," he heard Jeno say. "We're already here."

Jaemin turned around, realizing that Jeno was right.

"Oh," Jaemin muttered in a sheepish way. "I'm sorry."

"Are you sure you're alright?" Jeno asked again.

Jaemin fell silent, not sure whether he wanted to lie again or not.

Seemingly frustrated, Jeno heaved a sigh and shook his head. "Whatever. It's getting late. I'll head off."

Jeno then leaned in to lay his kiss, but then, Jaemin noticed how he seemed to stop and hesitate, then barely press his lips on his cheek.

As the former pulled away, Jaemin looked up at his eyes only to have his heart twist at the sight of no emotion whatsoever.

Fighting back his feelings, Jaemin leaned in and kissed Jeno's forehead, before immediately turning away and heading towards the door without saying another word to Jeno.

Jaemin really wanted to help Jeno, even if it meant embarrassing himself, but by the looks of it, the dare wasn't working. Jeno was still heartbroken. Jaemin was still lacking of love.

What was the point?