night 9 ;

Inside the Na Residences under the dark and diamond-littered sky was Jaemin was on his bed, lying down on his stomach while silently staring at the blue blinking cursor on the empty message box with a frown etched on his face.

He had been waiting for messages from a certain someone to come in his inbox since the afternoon before, but none were coming, making him worry. He tried thinking that this certain someone was already tired from his long trip with his family, but that didn't seem to suffice and set his nervous heart to calm down.

As he figured that not minding his rapid heartbeat was a bad idea, Jaemin picked up his phone and started pressing on the keyboard buttons.

nono «
you haven't messaged me since this afternoon «
when you said you will «
are you on your way? «
are you home? «
are you resting? «
where are you??? «
at least tell me something :( «

Heaving a sigh, Jaemin decided to think that he was already asleep, but as soon as he was about to drop his phone, he felt it vibrate in his hand.

» omg omg omg
» i'm so so so sorry minmin ><
» i actually arrived the house an hour ago
» but i was a preparing for something so i became a bit busy
» i'm done now, though ^^

Jaemin felt his heart beat loud and hard in his chest. Biting back a smile, Jaemin laid his chin down on the mattress then tapped on the keys, writing a text as a reply to Jeno.

o «
ok ok «
understandable «
now go and get some sleep «

» noooo

why not? «

» because i can't sleep
» not without that...
» small something

small something? «
what small something? «
what are you talking about? «
wait «
oh «
the dare «

» ding ding ding

you came home from an approximately two day long trip only an hour ago «
and you had done something from then to now «
you haven't slept «
not even for a single second «
we can do it tomorrow «
when we meet up for the music project «

» but

but? «

» i don't want to

lee jeno, i swear to all of the jams that you don't have, «

» besides
» how am i supposed to sleep
» when i'm outside your window right now?

wait «
WHAT?! «

Jaemin got out of his bed, rushing towards his bedroom window. Pulling the curtains aside and looking through the window, he spotted a familiar figure standing somewhere below him.

He then immediately closed the curtains and turned away, feeling his face slowly gain high temperature.

Out of all the times he could come to his house, why now, when it was late at night, when it was dim and silent, when his parents were fast asleep in the bedroom next to his, and when he was a complete disaster?!

Jaemin heaved a heavy sigh and facepalmed as he tried to think of his choices and their consequences.

If he made him stay, he might wake up his parents.