day 10 ;

When he woke up, Jeno was expecting to see the usual I woke up like shit side of him (that was complete with the bird's nest-like bed hair, half-asleep half-awake eyes, and the fuck off or I'll fuck you up face) on the mirror, but as he stepped in his bathroom and saw his reflection, he almost screamed at the sight of a completely different person.

He blinked and realized that it was still him. He almost laughed at himself for being so stupid until he noticed that he already was laughing. Forcing his laughter to die down, he stared at himself through the mirror with a raised eyebrow.

He looked at the clock that was on the table beside his bed, then back at the mirror. It was five minutes before five in the morning. Why was he already awake at such an early time? Why as he smiling? Why was he feeling so happy?

Suddenly, a surge of memories occured in Jeno's mind, reminding him of the events from last night; the night when he snuck out of his house and into Jaemin's at such a late time; the night when they were almost caught together; the night they had a tickle fight that lasted until they were tired; the night when he almost—

He emitted a small squeak and vigorously shook his head, blushing while forcing himself to drown that short but sweet moment away with soft mental scolding directed to himself.

Forget about it, he thought as he started roaming around his room and preparing for school. Forget about it for now. Think about it later.

Just for now.

Since that morning, Jeno had been walking around wherever he went in small skips with the same smile on his face, as if he was a child who was wearing a pair of those type of shoes that shine every time he takes a step.

His huge change of mood surprised not only him, but also everyone around him; his parents, his teachers, his classmates, his schoolmates, and most especially his friends.

"Aren't you a fluffy ball of smiles and sunshine today?" Renjun commented with a smirk, sitting on the seat next to Jeno's seat. "What happened in your trip that turned your mood up to the highest volume?"

"Can't I simply be really happy for no reason, 'Jun?" Jeno retorted, rolling his eyes but not removing his smile from his face.

"Not when you're wearing your two thousand-watt smile out of the sudden, 'No. Now, sit your small ass down on your seat and tell me the tea."

Jeno looked at Renjun, then followed his friend's command, slowly growing unsure whether he was against the action or not, because metaphorically, a strange feeling grew bigger and bigger inside his stomach each and every single time a certain name rolled off his tongue.

Of course, he remembered to leave out a certain part of the story that he was telling, thinking that it was going to help him avoid from thinking about it.

Unfortunately, it went against his will. Once it came into his mind, his lips stopped from moving, his mind stopped from working, his heart started racing, catching him absentminded.

"Jeno? Lee Jeno? Are you still there?"

Boom.

Jeno and Renjun, along with their other classmates, jumped in wherever they stood or sat at the loud sound of thunder, followed by a fast flicker of lightning.