day 7 ;

Under the strangely gloomy sky was Jeno sitting all alone on a bench, swinging his legs back and forth while staring at his wrist watch with a frown on his face.

His friends planned to have a short hangout together like always, but unlike before, no one had arrived yet, even when it was already around fifteen minutes since their stated call time.

Where were they?

"Jeno!"

His frown faltering and turning into a small but relieved smile, Jeno turned to the direction of the voice that he was too familiar with to forget.

"Hey, Jaemin."

"Sorry for being so late," Jaemin muttered between his heavy panting, sitting beside Jeno on the bench to catch his breath. "I may or may not have woken up late."

"What? How? You fell asleep when we watched that movie," Jeno pointed out, smirking at the sight of Jaemin's ears turning red.

"Oversleeping is a thing," Jaemin argued, rolling his eyes.

"Anyway, where are the others?" He asked, looking around them.

"Actually, I have no idea," Jeno answered, smile faltering as he remembered their current situation. "It's been twenty minutes since the time Mark hyung told us to come here yet you're the only one here."

"Seriously?!" Jaemin responded with a frown. "That's strange. Did you try to text them?"

"Ah, no," Jeno admitted, mentally cursing for not thinking about that before. He took out his phone from his pocket. "I'll do that now."

As he unlocked his phone, he saw the overflowing text messages that came from their friends. Scrolling through them made his face twist into confusion.

"Jeno?" Jaemin called, concern surfacing on his voice.

"They cancelled plans," Jeno muttered in a hushed volume.

He turned to the boy next to him, who seemed to have a hard time trying to sync the news in. Once his mind had finally functioned, his face was plastered by a look mixed with surprise and disbelief.

"All of them?!"

"All of them."

"What the hell do we do now, then?!" Jaemin cursed.

Jeno sighed and shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know."

"I could have stayed and slept more if I knew that this was going to happen," Jaemin muttered, crossing his arms and huffing.

With that, awkward silence started filling the air, slowly suffocating the two. Jaemin was the first to be brought down by it as he suddenly stood up and started looking through their surroundings.

"What are you doing?" Jeno asked Jaemin as he watched him spin around.

"Searching for something to do," Jaemin answered as he stopped spinning, seemingly dizzy. "I figured that I don't want to come back home yet."

Jeno drawled an ah under his breath while nodding, then stood beside Jaemin to start looking through their surroundings as well. Later, he turned back to a certain direction where his eye was caught by something that was in different colors.

"Look." Jeno pointed a finger at that something.

Jaemin had his attention caught and turned to that something, immediately smiling like a child as soon as he saw what it was.

"Playground!" Jaemin exclaimed, then turned back to Jeno. "Let's go!"

Jeno smiled at Jaemin and his sudden change of attitude then nodded. "Let's go."