day 14.

"Never gonna give you up, Never gonna let you down, Never gonna turn around and---"

"Damn it, Jisung Park!" Jaemin cursed in the middle of the morning as he tried to roll across his bed to shut his alarm (that Jisung changed for the nth time that month) off and outdid himself by falling off it with his blanket tying his legs together. From the floor, he reached to his ringing phone on the top of his bedside table, only to have it fall on his face and hit him square on the nose.

After what seemed like five minutes of recovery (while lying down on the floor, seemingly lifeless), Jaemin stared at the ceiling with nearly shutting eyes.

This is going to be a shitty day.

Knock, knock!

"Na Jaemin! Get your ass out of bed already! It's 7 AM!"

Was that Donghyuck?

"It's Donghyuck, by the way!"

This is a shitty day already.

"I'm not going to school," Jaemin shouted out loud enough, so un-energetic that he almost forgot how escaping hell was not as easy as popping a bubble.

"Are you sure?" Donghyuck responded, shouting as loud from outside of the bedroom. "Have you checked what date it is today?"

Jaemin scrunched his eyebrows out of confusion at what Donghyuck said. What was the correlation between the date and not wanting to go to school?

He picked up his phone and checked the date anyway, intrigued.

February 14.

Valentines' day.

What's so special about Valentines' da---

He noticed how the dates before then were highlighted and how the date of that day had a short note: "Two weeks will be over today."

"Jaemi---"

"Donghyuck, don't be a ditching snitch and wait for me there!"

-

During the trip (through running) from the house to the school, Jaemin was trying to enumerate everything that was twisting and turning his stomach into a three-looped roller coaster, like he was listing down symptoms of some kind of sickness that he had discovered.

START NA JAEMIN DIAGNOSIS?
YES | NO

ARE YOU SURE? NA JAEMIN IS CURRENTLY RUNNING.
YES | NO

STARTING NA JAEMIN DIAGNOSIS...

SEARCHING THROUGH THE SYSTEM...

> Oxygen Level Status: Decreasing.

> Heartbeat Rate Status: Increasing.

> Mind Function Status: Decreasing.

> Urge to Scream on Top of Lungs Status: Increasing.

> Butterflies in Stomach Status: Increasing.

ANALYZING...

VIRUS DETECTED.

VIRUS UNDETERMINED.

ONE (1) SUGGESTION FOUND.

COULD THIS BE [LOVE]?

-

All that running, tripping, screaming at strangers to move away, for nothing, Jaemin complained in his head as he heaved a heavy sigh and leaned against a wall.