Journal Entry (4)

Dear bully,

Did you remember the first time you first started to hit me?

The place and the exact time when my life became a living hell? No?

Let me remind you.

I was walking with my books, embarrassed since the "accident" as you like to call it, spread across our school like a wildfire. I heard whispers and names that were thrown my way and I wanted to stop listening but i couldn't.

It was too hard not too.

Until you pushed me.

Thats when I started to focus on you instead of everyones laughs and whispers.

You picked me back up while my books spilled everywhere.

And then you pushed me.

Against the wall, hard enough to make my back ache. And you called me a slut.

When I cried in pain, you punched me. Punch after punch- you were furious.

You and my best friend didn't get back together. But who were you really mad at? Me? You? Or the fact that you were such a coward that you thought lying would get you out of the situation.

My best friend came afterwards. Smiling at the scene and took your side. Laughing. Slapping me as you pushed me further against the lockers. The locker lock digging into my skin making me want to scream- but even after seeing my visible pain, you remained that evil glint in your eyes.

But she stopped you and told you to finish me off tomorrow. You gave me one last punch, threw me on the floor, and gave me a glare.

Then you both walked away.

You were right when you said that you always kept your word.

But you kept a promise.
A promise that you would finish me off tomorrow.

But you also broke a promise.
A promise that you were going to keep me safe. Keep me safe from the evils of this world.

Who knew that in the future, I'd need saving from you?