FOUR | NEW FRIENDSHIPS

Noah had to face them. With the battle against the Volturi fast approaching, Noah had to leave his nest and see the world, or at least meet the other vampires.

That's why, when Noah stepped out of his room, he didn't rush to go back in. Instead the flowery boy walked slowly, as though he were a baby deer, towards living room and peered out.

Immediately several curious faces looked up, causing Noah to look down, his face reddening by the second.

"Noah." Bella whispered, her voice holding a genuine shock that her younger brother had finally come out of his hiding place.

"Hey Bella." Noah muttered, eyes still glued to the floor.

"So your the Noah I've never seen but always smell. Tell me, why do you have a heartbeat and smell like flowers?" A male voice, unknown to Noah asked bluntly and Noah immediately blushed a deeper red.

"Oh I um–" Noah stuttered, trying to come up with a good explanation, though his mind seemed to draw blank.

"Do not listen to him, Noah is it? Im Benjamin." A much softer, accented voice spoke, and Noah felt a presence approaching him. The new vampire looked up to see an Egyptian looking male, with startling red eyes approaching. The man looked to be only a few years older than himself.

"Yeah, I'm Noah, it's nice to meet you Benjamin." Noah replied softly, and Benjamin grinned. The red eyed vampire reached out and took the boy eyed boys hand, growing a flower in it.

Smiling to himself Noah imagined the flower growing even larger. Benjamin looked at Noah in awe.

"Your gift is like mine?" Benjamin questioned and Noah shrugged slightly.

"I can only do it with plants, mostly flowers." Noah replied, taking the new flower and holding it in his hand as though it was the most precious thing in the world.

Noah and Benjamin both grinned at each other, and a new friendship was born.