FOURTEEN | MISCHIEF

As soon as the woman's body crumpled to the floor Noah snapped back into reality. The animal that had unknowingly been let out of its cage slithering back in, satisfied with the events that had just taken place.

Noah knew he should be disgusted with himself. He should hate himself and all he was becoming. Bella would be ashamed with him, she would call him a monster that she did not recognize. But the way the Volturi all looked at him, glances ranging from approving, to smiling, Noah couldn't find it in himself to hate himself, to hate what he had been all along.

Noahs eyes found Caius's for a moment, and the look they held was something Noah couldn't explain, but made the little human parts of the boys brain light up.

Noah blushed then, looking away to Jane who was standing above the child Noah had seen clinging to the woman he had just drained only moments ago. The older blonde grinned, her crimson eyes gleaming with a mixture of love and pride as she looked at the boy.

"I knew you could do it! Come on now, we can find you fresh clothes. Unless you'd like to save that for later?" Jane questioned, the slight teasing tone in her voice making Noah laugh softly, linking arms with the blonde they walked of. Noah casting one more glance at the blonde king, who was watching Noah intently before doing so.

The pair didn't get that far though, seeing as after they had walked out of the throne room their names were being called.

"Jane, I'd like to meet flower boy." A feminine voice called out, and when Noah turned, he saw the girl and the boy from earlier, arms wrapped around each other. Varinka and Harrison.

Varinka grinned at him, her now crimson eyes gleaming with mischief, that would have normally frightened Noah if it wasn't for the fact that she somehow didn't scare him.

"So your the boy I've heard so much about, I'm Varinka, and this is Harrison." The red headed girl spoke, flashing him another grin.

"Hi, I'm Noah it's nice to meet you." Noah greeted softly, sending the pair both smiles. Varinkas grin widened at the sight of seeing Noah smile, while Harrison's eyes simply narrowed slightly.

"Oh I know who you are, I have heard so much about you from the leaders. Caius especially, though that is to be expected when–" Varinka was cut of from finishing her sentence by Harrison, who hissed at the red headed girl.

"Varinka." The blonde boy warned, making the girls eyes shine brighter in pure delight at the mischief she was causing while Noah simply stood there, watching the pair interact in confusion.

What did she mean?

"Well we should be going little Noah, I'm sure we're going to be the best of friends though, seeing as my husband Marcus is so close with Caius." Harrison hissed again in annoyance, pulling the red head along.

Her laughter echoed down the halls as they turned the corner, though not before the girl sent Noah a wink, and Harrison shot him an angry look.

To his right Jane only sighed and Noah looked to see she had her eyes closed, though after a moment she opened them again and shot Noah a smile.

"As you can see Varinka can be very... Charismatic with people, but I really do like her." The blonde girl stated and Noah nodded his head in agreement.

The pair walked for about a minute or so in silence before Noahs curiosity finally broke it.

"Jane, what did Varinka mean about all the stuff with me and Caius?" Noah questioned, seeming completely lost on the situation.

Jane sighed then. This was exactly what she had been hoping to avoid. She didn't want to lie to Noah, though she also knew she couldn't tell him the truth. Of course it would be Varinka to do something like this simply to cause trouble and get people angry. So instead of lying, Jane told as much truth as she possibly could.

"Noah, I wish I could say, but it's not my place to say anything. This is Caius's truth to tell, not mine." The blonde said after a minute, squeezing the boys hand before letting it go. Leaving Noah alonez

Opening his bedroom door. The boy was quick to walk in, grabbing simply clothes from the lavish walk in closet, and going into the large bathroom. The amount of space in the room still slight freaked Noah out. Even the room the Cullen's let him stay in was much larger than his room at home, and thus practically doubled that. Not like Noah was complaining though, the room was absolutely gorgeous, it would just take a little getting used to.

Noah stepped into the shower, letting the scorching hot water heat up his usually icy skin. The boy sighed in relief, relishing in the feeling of heat seeping into his bones.

After many long minutes Noah got out of the shower, quickly drying himself of and putting on pajamas, a yawn escaping him as he made his way from the bathroom.

Immediately though, upon leaving the bathroom a yelp escaped Noah as his eyes widened almost comically.

Sitting in his room, resting peacefully on the bed like the king he was, sat Caius Volturi.

AUTHORS NOTE

Ok so many things happen in this chapter.
First of can we talk about how cute Jane is, I mean she's like a lil baby angel.

AND VARINKA don't even get me started on her. She's literally the most amazing character ever and I love -regiis so much for thinking of her.

Also the end Caius and Noah are officially a thing guys and I'm screaming ! We need a ship name asap !!!