Chapter 3

Percy was woken up the next morning by a splitting headache. He hadn't taken his Advil the previous night because he had lost consciousness. The pain made his eyes start to water and when he tried to shift but had to bite back a cry. His blood had dried onto his back and pulled when he moved.

Aunt Petunia came downstairs ten minutes later and looked down at him disdainfully.

"Ugh, you're still here. Boy!" She called to Harry. "Come clean him up!"

Harry came downstairs and helped Percy, who had to close his eyes against the pain, to stand with an arm around Harry's shoulder. They slowly made their way to the upstairs washroom and Harry filled a bucket before going to his room.

He came back with one of Dudley's old t-shirts that they used everytime this happened. Because of that, it was now stained red though it used to be blue. It took about half an hour to clean Percy's back completely. Then they had to bandage it.

"What time is it?" Percy asked through gritted teeth.

"When I came down it was around 5:46. There, you're finished. Here's your Advil." Harry replied and handed Percy the painkiller.

He took it straight as Harry poured the bloody water from the bucket down the drain.

"Thanks." Percy said as he pushed himself up and carefully put a t-shirt on.

The first few times that this happened when Harry was old enough to understand/help, he had been worried about Percy getting up and back to work soon but he knew better by now.

There was no way that Percy would take a break when he could suffer through the pain and spare his brother pain. So, he made his way downstairs to cook breakfast.

This time while the Dursleys were eating breakfast, Harry convinced Percy to go upstairs and lie on his stomach for a while. When the doorbell rang as they were finishing up, Harry opened it to see a severe looking woman with square glasses.

"Harry Potter? I am looking for your brother, Perseus."

A thump sounded behind Harry and he turned to see Percy coming down the stairs stiffly as Uncle Vernon peeked out of the kitchen.

"What's going on?!" He demanded.

Percy turned to his brother.

"Harry, go upstairs to your room and don't come out until I tell you it's okay."

Harry went to protest but Percy have him a look and he went.

"I'm Percy. Who are you?"

Uncle Vernon went purple with rage.

"My name is Minerva McGonagall, I'm here from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

"What!?!" Uncle Vernon roared causing Percy to jump, turning to him. "Go away! You've made a mistake! He never got a letter!!!"

Minerva took in the lines and white bandages that poked up from under the shirt of the boy in front of her before replying.

"In fact, he did. He even wrote back. I've come to collect both him and his brother. Perseus, if you could go gather your things, tell your brother to do the same."

He glanced fearfully at the Dursleys once more before yelling up the stairs.

"Harry pack up all our stuff, we're leaving!"

He then went to cupboard under the stairs and started pulling out shirts, pants, a pillow, and a first aid kit out. He stuffed it all into his ratty old school bag. Minerva saw this and her nostrils flared in anger but she said nothing.

When both boys were standing in the entranceway with a bag each, Minerva addressed the Dursleys.

"All these years you have treated these boys horribly. I knew they shouldn't have been left here, I've said so before. Your are the worst sort of muggles I have ever set eyes on. Good day." She said as she looked at the three of them, disgust in her eyes.

Minerva then proceeded to lead Percy and Harry down the street. They reached the corner before she turned to them.

"Boys, grab an arm."

They exchanged bewildered looks but each took an arm nonetheless. The next moment they felt like they were being crushed in a very tight tube and then they were somewhere else.

They stood in front of a stone castle surrounded by a stone wall. Looking around there appeared to be nothing around but rolling hills.

Minerva took out a stick, her wand, and waved it, causing the wrought iron gates to open. The front grounds were filled with amazing gardens that had to have been magical with just how vibrant every plant seemed.

"Welcome to McGonagall Castle." She said as she led them down a path to the front doors. She glanced back at the boys to find Harry looking around with wide eyes wonder. Percy however, seemed to be assessing every detail around them.

She worried a little for Percy as he was only eleven after all but decided to leave it for now.

"The night your parents were killed, one Albus Dumbledore had you brought from your home in Godric's Hollow to your aunt and uncle. I myself had been watching them all day. I knew that they were terrible people. Dumbledore insisted that you stayed with them but I had my doubts. So, over the years I've been keeping an eye on you two from afar. I thought today the right time to collect you. After what you've been through without interference, I don't believe I fully trust Albus anymore. From now on, this will be your home. You may each pick a room and we will go shopping tomorrow for Percy's school things."

The two boys were shocked speechless.

"I do not believe you have eaten breakfast yet. After you pick your rooms I will show you too the kitchen where my house elf Binky can make whatever you'd like at any time."

By this point, she had led them to a hall lined with doors on both sides. She motioned for them each to pick a room.

Harry looked to Percy who nodded before darting to the second door on the left. Percy just stood there, tapping his fingers on his right hand against his thigh, until he was sure that Harry had chosen that room. He then proceeded to calmly walk to the room opposite Harry's.

Inside was a queen sized bed, a wardrobe, a nightstand, a desk and a dresser. Another door led to a personal bathroom complete with a sink, toilet (obviously), a tub, a separate shower, and a bit of shelving behind the mirror above the sink. He dropped his bag in the bed and stuck his head out the door.

"Harry, did you get the Advil?"

"Yeah." Harry replied, tossing it across the hall where Percy expertly caught it.

"Thanks."

When the both of them were done unpacking, they came out into the Hall again.

"Now, follow me." Minerva said "There is still much for you to see."