Chapter 34

As the trio went to leave the diner after returning the god's property, they heard a crack from around the corner of the building. A woman in her forties, wearing wizarding robes walked calmly out towards them.

"Perseus Potter. My name is Sally Jackson, I'm with MACUSA. You sure are hard to keep up with."

Percy looked to his companions. They hadn't planned on running into the American government, magical or otherwise. Now, none of them had any ideas.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we don't know what you're talking about." Annabeth said innocently.

"Oh I'm sure you don't Ms. Chase."

The blonde tensed, eyes narrowing further despite the warm smile that remained on the woman's face.

"Mr. Potter, your guardian has been quite worried about you."

"Aunt Minnie is okay?" Percy asked immediately.

He'd had no clue what happened to her and had worried that she was gone just like Harry.

"Yes, she came to MACUSA with a few minor injuries that were quickly treated and we have been working to find you and your brother since then."

With the mention of his brother, Percy's jaw clenched and he stepped back to grab each of his friends' arms.

"We really have to go. Please."

Have to get away. Have to leave. Have to focus on the quest. Have to go.

Sally's warm blue eyes widened, which was the last they saw as there was a tug in Percy's gut and the trio dissolved into water particles.

Reforming violently several streets away, all three fell to their knees.

"What the bloody hell was that Percy?!"

The son of Poseidon was a bit too busy falling to the ground in the hopes that his vision would clear to respond.

"Perce? You okay?"

He felt Annabeth tapping at him.

"Gi-give me a minute."

"Let's not try that again. At least not until we're back at camp. If there were monsters here you could've been killed before we could recover."

Percy nodded groggily as he forced himself to sit up despite his exhaustion.

"Alright, let's find a ride or something." Castor said moving to support his housemate. "We aren't that far from the diner and we have to keep ahead of MACUSA if we want to actually finish the quest."

The trio found a truck transporting animals and quickly stowed away in there once it glowed slightly red, like Ares was giving them a ride.

Percy would've been more stubborn and insisted that they just catch a bus or something of the sort if not for the fact that he was ready to pass out.

Castor dragged the smaller boy over to a pile of hay where he promptly lost the fight with consciousness.

The blondes did their best to ignore the animals they were travelling with and huddled on the other side of the truck from their companion so as not to wake him.

"Do you have any clue what that was back there?" Castor asked as he removed his shades, it was dark enough as it was.

Annabeth bit her lip, glancing over at the youngest of their trio. He had curled up around his bag, looking younger than he actually was.

"No, but it definitely wasn't apparition. I've read about it and it wouldn't have drained him so much."

"Suppose it was something related to his dad?"