Chapter 4

After having breakfast, Minerva showed them the music room, the dining room (for when they have guests), the gallery, the art room, Minerva's office, the potions lab, the astronomy tower, etc.

Eventually they got to the library. Harry started walking through the many shelves of books in the English section almost immediately. Percy was just standing there until something caught his eye at the back of the library.

Curious, Minerva followed him over to what she saw to be the Greek section. She saw him staring at the spines of the books in wonder before pulling one off it's shelf. His eyes started darting back and forth as he read, astonishment clear in his gaze.

"What is it Perseus?" Minerva asked, startling him.

"I-i prefer Percy ma'am. It's just that, I've always been dyslexic. Never before have I been able to read anything until now."

"Percy, you're reading in Greek."

He looked up at her in surprise.

"Greek? Isn't that a dead language? I don't remember ever learning Greek!"

Minerva studied him for a moment.

"It is peculiar though not unheard of for people to suddenly know languages they had never learned." She said, waving it aside.

In reality she was just storing away this of occurrence for further thought at a later date. There was something different about the older Potter. What that something was, she didn't know.

"You can take as many books as you'd like out of this room. After all, this is where you'll be staying from now on." She said, smiling at Percy.

He looked around at the shelves and picked out about five different spell books. He had never been able to read before so even though he'd heard others complain about having to read, he couldn't help but feel excited.

He had thought that he would be bored after finding out that house elves did all the work. He hadn't enjoyed practically being a slave but he didn't know what to do when he wasn't working. Now that he could read, he could already tell that he would never be bored.

Minerva told Harry and him to relax, explore, or just have fun until lunch after which she said they'd all go to get Percy's school supplies. Over the next 4 1/2-5 hours, Percy read through three books titled The Standard Book Of Spells: Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk, A Beginner's Guide To Transfiguration by Emeric Switch, and Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger. As he put aside the potions book, Percy found himself very excited to actually get his wand.

He made his way down to the kitchen wishing that he had grabbed a book about wands from the library. In both the spell books it talks about certain spells/subjects working better with different wands. Percy promised himself that when they got back, he'd go back to the library and look up his wand.

Minerva was sitting at the table with Harry. Percy could only see his brother's hair over the book he was reading. He chuckled to himself.

The house elf Binky appeared as he sat down.

"What would Master Percy be wanting for his lunch?" She asked in her high squeaky voice.

"I don't know, what do you like?"

Binky stared at him, not knowing how to answer for a moment.

"I enjoy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, Master Percy."

Percy smiled.

"That sounds perfect. Thank you Binky."

She smiled shyly back before disappearing with a crack.