29. not-so-friendly intimacy

Taehyung woke up to the smell of pancakes. Usually when he wakes up, he thinks about school and what new beating Sonwho discovered. After that, he gets to school early for breakfast club. But today, he had the comfiest sleep of his life. And he got to have a real breakfast.

He looked over to his side to see an empty sleeping bag.

He must already be in the washroom.

All of a sudden, Taehyung felt something shift beside him.

He turned over to see what it was.

Taehyung's eyes went wide as he was face-to-face with Jungkook.

Taehyung had fallen asleep in his arms.

The two boys were so close, their noses were almost touching.

I can feel his breath on me.

Before Taehyung could move, he remembered the night before. He'd always had dreams about his foster dad ever since he'd run away and what'd he'd do to Taehyung if he was found.

Great. Now he probably things I'm a freak.

Trying not to wake his sleeping buddy up, Taehyung softly lifted Jungkook's arm from underneath his head.

Taehyung held his breath as Jungkook moved a bit more, but later stopped. Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and got up to go to the bathroom. Before he left the room, he looked back at Jungkook, sleeping peacefully.

How cute, he smiled.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Once Taehyung got washed up, he went downstairs and was greeted by Jin, who was putting plates with two pancakes on each in front of five chairs.

"Ah, there my son-in-law!"

Taehyung blushed.

"Hello, Mr.Kim," he bowed.

Jin bowed back.

"Hey, Namjoon and I heard you screaming and we rushed to your room and saw Jungkook holding you. He shook his head at us to tell us everything was fine and to leave because you were sleeping."

Taehyung looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry I woke you and your husband."

"What? There's no need to apologize. We were very worried. I just wanted to ask; is everything ok?"

"Yeah..."

Jin sat on the couch in the living room and patted the seat beside him, gesturing for Taehyung to sit with him.

Reluctant, Taehyung took a seat.

"I'm going to ask again; is everything ok at home, school...?"

Tears began to fall.

"No. No, nothing is fine. My house isn't even a home, I get beat at school... nothing is fine. No damn thing is fine," he sobbed.

Jin pulled Taehyung into the hug and cradled his head, just as Jungkook did. Taehyung hugged him back.

"It may not seem like it now, but things will get better. Things will turn around."

Taehyung continued to cry.

"I don't wanna do it anymore."

Jin held Taehyung's arms so that he was looking right at him.

"Don't ever say that. You are a beautiful, smart, fantastic boy with so much to live for; you just don't know it yet."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Ik this chapter is sad again and it sucks I'm sorry!!