31. apologies

"See you at lunch," Jungkook said as he dropped Taehyung off at his classroom.

"Sounds like a plan. And thanks for the ride, by the way."

"No problem. And just remember," Jungkook came closer and put on a serious, deathly look,

"If that idiot, Sonwho so much as touches you, call me and he's a dead man. Ok?"

Taehyung nodded,

"Ok."

The bell rung and Jungkook waved to Taehyung as he headed back to home room. And for the first time, Taehyung couldn't wait till lunch.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After a pop quiz and a couple of worksheets, the bell rang and Taehyung was out of his classroom in a flash. He didn't know what had gotten into him, but he was feeling rather happy today.

The line in the cafeteria was not so long, so Taehyung's turn came rather quickly. He got some fries and the last giant chocolate chip cookie. They were all out of strawberry milk so he picked up chocolate instead. He paid the cafeteria lady and went to go see where Jungkook was sitting.

He looked around but couldn't find him anywhere. That's when his phone buzzed;

jungkook 🙈
hey are you ok??

where are you?

me
I'm standing at the front, where are you?

jungkook 🙈
im waving

Taehyung looked up from his phone and saw Jungkook standing on a lunch table, aggressively waving his arm back and forth while smiling.

"Kim Taehyung! Over here!"

Taehyung fast-walked to the table, trying not to look awkward. He was almost there but stopped in mid tracks when he saw who had taken a seat in front of Jungkook.

Sonwho.

Taehyung stood there, nervous. Instead of continuing to walk towards the table, he made an attempt to listen to their conversation from a safe distance.

"Hey man," Sonwho started,

"I'm really sorry about that other day. I don't know what got into me."

Bullshit.

"To make it up to you, how about you come over to the party my friends having today? It'll be sick. You can bring that Taehyung dude along too. I wanna apologize to him also."

Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Apologize, my ass.

"That sounds great. I want to get past this too. What time should we get there?"

I can't believe he said yes! He's to nice for his own good.

"It starts at nine."

Jungkook nodded.

"Ok, sounds good."

"See you then," Sonwho got up from his chair and gave Jungkook a pat on the back,

"Buddy."

Taehyung waited for the bully to leave before he took his seat.

"Hey, there you are! I was waitin-"

"You can't go to that party," Taehyung whisper-shouted,

"He's probably planning something! And besides, they'll probably have drugs and alcohol and stuff!"

Jungkook laughed,

"Nothing's going to happen. I'll make sure of it."

"Jungkook. You're strong, I know you are, but I just don't want you to get humiliated or hurt."

The boy pouted and crossed his arms.

"I wanna go," he whined.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, smiling.

"You're such a child. Fine go, but I'm coming with you to make sure you don't get drunk and do something stupid."

"Got it," Jungkook winked.

"You're such a weirdo," Taehyung laughed.

"I am. But you love me anyway," Jungkook teased.

Taehyung smiled,

"It's hard not to."