9

"Again!"

I thrust my fists towards Jake as he deflected them. It had been about three weeks since we started training and even I could see a difference.

My arms were more defined with muscle and my flat stomach has a bit of definition. Although I am no where near the six packs the guys have.

Still, it's enough that I am comfortable just being out here in my black sports bra and shorts.

Jake switches up and throws a punch at me that I easily avoid.

"That's good Hail!" he says catching my fist in his hand.

He tosses me a towel and water bottle before grabbing his own.

His eyes get far off look and I know he is mindlinking. A sly smile crosses my lips as I slowly move towards him.

Just as I am about to attack him from behind, he turns and wraps his arm around my neck, rubbing his fist on my head.

"Noogie!!"

I break his hold and fix my ponytail while he laughs at my scowl.

"You're gonna train with Alex for a bit. There is an Alpha here demanding an emergency meeting." I see Alex jog over with his red shorts and white tank top from the corner of my eye.

"Emergency? Everything okay, Jake?" I ask, taking a drink of the cool liquid.

Jake gives me a small smile, while nodding his head, but I didn't miss the look he shared with Alex.

"Just go easy on my Beta, Hails." he pats me on the shoulder before walking towards the house.

"No promises!" I shout after him, earning a scoff from Alex.

I raise an eyebrow at him while crossing my arms across my chest. A smirk crosses his face as he mimics my stance.

"Loser buys lunch at Wendy's?" he asks.

I narrow my eyes. He's cocky I'll give him that.

"Fine, but when I win, remember I like a Frosty and sea salt fries." I smirk and get in a defensive stance.

"Let's see what you can do in wolf form." I freeze and my eyes widen at his suggestion.

There is amusement dancing in his eyes and my wolf hates it. Alex knows I can't always control her.

"No. You know I'm still trying to control her. Don't tempt it."

"Sorry. I'll just whoop you in human form." he smirks.

We begin to circle each other. I watch his every movement like a hawk. I have never fought Alex before, so I have to find his weakness.

He steps forward to throw a punch that I dodge. He steps forward again and I know I found his weakness. He always steps with his right foot before punching.

I deflect his punch, and throw my own to his left side causing him to grunt. We separate and he nods his head playfully, acknowledging the hit.

I watch him lean, ready to take a step and I quickly inhale, preparing for another punch to throw his way.

My wolf suddenly becomes agitated and I fight to push her back.

Using the distraction, Alex lands a clean punch to my jaw.

A growl echoes around us, sending a shiver to my spine and goosebumps over my skin.

Before I could return the punch, my view was blocked by a t-shirt clad back.

My eyes roamed greedily over the contours of muscle that were visible under the fabric

The most amazing woodsy smell hit my nose, but I pushed that aside when I saw the man's arm spring back ready to punch Alex.

Without thinking, I kicked the back of his knees and watched as he crumpled to the ground. Two men grabbed me from my arm, but I quickly used the mans back to kick off and flip over them, effectively breaking their hold.

"Nice! Way to think on your feet!" Jake said proudly as he hugged me tightly.

Another growl sounded from around us and Jake pulled me behind him quickly.

The man I had knocked down had a murderous look on his face. His ice blue eyes shifted to black almost immediately when they landed on Jake and I.

I clung to Jake's arm, whether out of fear or comfort I'm not sure, but it pisses the man off even more.

"MINE!" he roared staring at my hand on Jake's arm as he stalked toward us.

My eyes widened and a smile crossed my face. My baby brother found his mate!

Wait. Jake is gay?! Why didn't he tell me?!

"Jake, why didn't you tell me? I would support you no matter what! And now to meet your mate like this!" I gave a small pout as the man and Jake looked at me funny.

I stepped around Jake, extending my hand to his mate. The man's eyes switched back to clear blue and I found myself unable to look away.

"H-Hi. I'm Hailey." the man narrowed his eyes slightly as he stared at me.

I slowly put my hand back down realizing he isn't going to shake it, but his eyes stay glued to mine. I can continuously feel my wolf clawing at my mind, and I focus on pushing her down.

What has gotten into her?!

"Hailey." his deep voice saying my name sent a chill down my spine.

I vaguely heard someone say oh shit, before Jake and Alex stepped in front of me breaking my trance.

My cheeks burned red from embarrassment. I can't believe I just stared at Jake's mate.

Great first impression.

"Let's go back to my dad's office and talk, Alpha Thomas." Jake said hurriedly.

"Mate!" Alpha Thomas said through clenched teeth. I turned to see his hands clench into fists.

What's got him so worked up? Jake just keeps trying to talk to him. Oh my Goddess!

His wolf must think that there is something going on between him and I.

"Oh Goddess, please don't get the wrong idea. Jake's my brother!"

Alpha Thomas steps closer to me. I can hear Jake and Alex both asking him to stop but he isn't listening. He just keeps creeping towards me.

I feel like prey in the predators path. Anger flooded my veins as he took another step closer to me. Who does he think he is?

"You're even more beautiful than I could've ever imagined, my little mate." his hands cupped my cheeks gently and I gasped at the tingles.

He thinks I'm his mate!

Images of Cade flashed before my eyes. His voice rang in my ears as if he had just spoke. My chest tightened uncomfortably. Cade was my mate.

The sparks dancing on my skin, ignited my anger until it feels like a raging inferno inside of me.

All control slipped from my grasp and I shifted into my wolf.

My wolf's growls mix with her cries for her mate, as she stands defensively facing the small group. Alpha Thomas reaches out to calm me, but my wolf nips at his hand with a warning growl. She is just as confused as I am.

"No don't!" he shouts before I feel a sharp poke in my neck. Immediately my legs give out, and I crumple to the ground.

I look up to see Alex holding an empty syringe and giving me an apologetic look before darkness surrounds me.

<3 <3 <3 <3