<12>

the evening slowly came upon us until the both of us became hungry. "lets see, what should we eat?" jaeeun asked curiously.

"well, what's known here in paris?" i asked. "i hear the beef bourguignon is a very traditional and common dish. should we try some?" she asked smiling at me. "lets do it."

– – –

"i still can't believe you ate baked snails," i told her as we paid and left the restaurant. "it wasn't that bad," she said back. "you should have tried some."

"yeah, no thanks," i scoffed slightly. we walked along the stone roads and along the pretty lights. there were people walking around and about, couples spotted walking here and there.

"i hear the paris is the 'city of love'," i softly began to say. "mm, i heard the same thing. but i don't think it's entirely true?" she said.

"you sound unsure," i laughed softly. "hey, stop laughing at me," she pouted. but i only laughed a bit more. so she punched my arm slightly as i winced in pain. "ow!"

"we should go to the eiffel tower. i hear it's very pretty at night. it'll be our last thing to do," jaeeun said smiling after linking arms with me. i got a bit distracted by her action but i tried to focus.

"our last thing to do?" i asked softly, feeling sad all of a sudden. she nodded as i sensed she felt sad about it as well. "unfortunately, we only have a limited amount of time. i promise your mom we wouldn't be away too long. i'm sure she misses you," she said to me. i looked at her sadly before feeling my eyes burn up. so i looked away. i didn't want things to end so quickly. i didn't want this to end at all.

up ahead, we saw the eiffel tower. our excitement had built up as we went up the eiffel tower. as the night came, the lights of the city and of the eiffel tower shined brightly. i smiled widely seeing how far at the top we were. "i can't believe i'm actually here," i said taking in the scenery.

"it's so beautiful," jaeeun softly said. i pulled out my phone quickly and took some pictures to remember by. after a while, i just stood there against the railing looking everywhere i could see. the light breeze blew at my face and through my hair that stuck in funny places.

"you see, there are a lot of things you'd be missing out on. you shouldn't want to end life because this is what it's about. the happiness, joy, and appreciation of everything," jaeeun softly said.

"but still the world hates me...," i softly say.

"the world might hate you, but that shouldn't stop you from being happy. who cares what the world thinks? it should only matter about yourself only. don't let the negativity throw you off in life..."

i sighed along the light breeze as i leaned more against the railing. "i just feel lonely..."

"why?"
"because there's only one of me. i used to have friends, you know? but then they started taking advantage of me. one thing led to another and all of a sudden, they were stabbing me behind my back. for once, i just wanted to feel appreciated."

"jimin," her voice softly said. i felt her hand on my shoulder but i didn't look back at her because of the tears that threaten to fall down my face. "you are appreciated. you have your mother, your family relatives... you have me."

i blinked my eyes for a second and the tears dropped before i slowly turned to look at her, but her expression didn't change seeing that she saw my cheeks wet of tears.

"jaeeun, you are the only one who hasn't betrayed me, who hasn't treated me wrongly. instead, you have done the complete opposite. you cared for me, treated me with kindness, and didn't make feel... worthless," i breathed out. "and i want to say thank you."

a smile broke out on her face. "please, don't thank me..."

"this trip made me realize something," i softly said. she leaned against the railing this time as she looked at me curiously. "what did it make you realize?"

"that i have fallen in love with the girl standing next to me right now."