<13>

"w-what?" she stuttered out. my whole body faced her as i could see her face clearly. her small nose and her small light pink lips that were parted.

"i.. i like you jaeeun."

but instead, she slowly started shaking her head. "no, jimin... i... this wasn't suppose to happen." not the words i wanted to hear.

"what do you mean?"
"you weren't suppose to fall in love with me..."

"but... i have.. and i can't stop. w-why are you saying that?" i asked her, my voice becoming serious. i took a step towards her while she took a step back.

"no, this was only so that i could show you a taste of happiness by traveling to all sorts of places in this world," she said back to me. "but being with you throughout this trip did bring me happiness. it was being with you."

she shook her head violently and slowly moved back from me."jimin, i can't love you. y-you forget that i-i'm not real!"

"s-stop, just stop! i know you aren't real, but still it doesn't change the fact that i like you.. a lot."

"jimin, please... don't do this," she said, tears were now in her eyes.

"jaeeun, do you even like me the same way?" i asked her as i moved closer to her. she stood frozen in her spot as she slowly looked up at me, the tears now fell down her cheeks. i grasped at her bother shoulders as i stared deeply into her eyes, my heart rapidly beating.

"don't you feel the same way, jaeeun?!"

she stared at me gulping once before looking back at me suddenly with no emotion in her eyes. it's like they were dead. and with one breath, she opened her mouth and spoke the one word i did not wish to hear.

"no."