Chapter Three

Above: Luke Benward as Daniel

~~~~~~

I hated waiting. It was usually horrible, but today it was pure torture. I wanted to know the results of my test.

"Well, look who it is," the loud voice belonged to none other that Kevin, "It's carrot head!"

I turned around. "Good job, Kevin, you know your colors!"

He sneered. "You're probably gonna get the dumpster jobs, seeing as you don't have any skills,"

"At least she has brains, Kevin," Sophie walked over.

I was only slightly surprised. Sophie and I weren't exactly close, but nobody liked Kevin.

Kevin looked down at us. "Do you honestly think that you two wimps can take me?"

"What is going on over here?"

Sophie turned around. "Daniel!" She cried out, smiling.

Daniel Ewen was Sophie's half brother and the only person who could win a fight against Kevin. He was also the only guy I could tolerate.

"Hey Soph, Lorelai," he nodded at me before turning to Kevin. "This guy bothering you two?"

Kevin growled and stalked away, not brave enough to face Daniel.

"You got here just in time," I glanced at his bandaged hand, "That last test was wierd!"

Daniel winced as he moved his hand. "Yeah, they're crazy."

"I thought it was kinda cool," Sophie smiled, "painful, but cool,"

I shrugged. "Sure. The goblet and knife were super cool, though,"

"I can agree with that," Daniel stuck his hands into his pockets.

Sophie brushed a strand of honey hair from her face. "I wonder what job I'll get,"

"Don't we all," I let out a sigh.

"Oh, look, it's Katie!" Sophia began to jog towards a brunette, "See ya, Daniel!"

He watched her go, a smile on his face. "Her and Katie are practically sisters,"

"Mmm," I watched Katie and Sophie. While Sophie and I never really met, Katie and I hated each other. She was stuck up and a brat.

I turned back to Daniel. "So, any ideas on what you'll be?"

He looked up. "I'm not really sure," for once, there was no confidence in his voice, "nothing really felt like me!" He let out a short bark of laughter. "You probably think I'm crazy!"

"Actually, no," I touched his arm, "I feel the same way,"

He smiled.  "We should probably find a place to sit," he glanced around, "It's going to be a long wait."

"You're right," I pointed at a bench, "Let's get settled,"

~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait and shorter chapter. I am currently on vacation!! Don't forget to vote and tell all your friends about this story! All comments are welcome! I can take criticism and love suggestions!