Chapter Five

Above: Emma Watson as Bella
~~~~~~

The ride was beautiful. I had never been up higher than that ten foot tree in my backyard, but this was way different.

At one point, we flew through a cloud. I unwrapped one of my arms from Collin's waist to reach out and touch one of the white whisps.

It wrapped around my fingers, cool and damp. I let out a small laugh, just as Regen dived. I hurridly clutched on to Collin, and he laughed.

We broke through the clouds, and a beautiful mountain range stretched out out before us.

"Woah," I looked at it in awe.

Alexandra turned to us. "That is the home of the Dragon Riders," she gestured to the mountains proudly.

"It kinda makes me happy to be a Rider," Collin said to me.

I almost didn't respond, as I was supposed to be ignoring him, but changed my mind. "Yeah," I murmured.

Regen flew to the biggest mountain and entered a cave, right behind the other three dragons. Despite it being a cave, the place was lit up. It was actually quite beautiful.

Alexandra dismounted and hurried to a group of older Riders. She began to talk to them, gesturing to Collin and me.

Collin slid off Regen and turned to offer me a hand. I took it and dismounted smoothly.

"Thanks," I muttered. Collin wasn't so bad after all.

"I kinda wanted you to fall on your face," he confessed.

Never mind.

Before I could punch him, two Riders, a boy and girl, came up to us.

"Hi," the girl said, "I'm Bella, and this is Tim." The boy, Tim, waved. "We are fifth year Dragon Riders," Bella told us.

"I'll be taking you to the boys dormitory," Tim said to Collin.

He and Collin walked away, leaving me alone with Bella.

"I love your hair!" Bella smiled at me.

"Thanks," I said quietly.

Bella pit a hand on my shoulder. "I know that being a Rider seems like a bad thing, but it isn't," she said, "We are the most important people in this world."

I looked up at her. "Really?" I asked.

"Yes," she smiled. "Now, let's get you to the girl's dormitories!"

I followed her deeper into the caves.

~~~~~~

Sorry it's kinda short! I've been busy working on the Collab story with Dragoneel06 called Unnatural. Check it out!