Chapter Seven

A week had passed. We had learned the basics on dragons, and now was the first day of a week long festival- the hatching festival.

All of us first years would probably be receiving our dragon. I was actually excited! Being a Dragon Rider was not to bad!

I was sitting with Zoey and Daniel at lunch, when none other than Collin came over.

"Can I sit here? " he gestured to an empty spot at our table.

Zoey's mouth opened a bit. "Um, su-sure!" Collin smiled.

"Thanks!" He plopped down. "I'm Collin!  And you are?" Zoey was quick to recover.

"Zoey! Zoey Jackson." He smiled at her.

"Jackson, like the clothes company?" He leaned forward as she blushed.

"Yeah, I'm the heir to the company! " she frowned, "or, I was..." Collin winced in sympathy.

"I hate how everyone says that we are the badguys!" He fumed, "Don't they realize that we're the ones protecting them from the dark king?!" We all nodded.

"So, uh," I decided to change the subject, "You guys want to check out the eggs in the hatchery?" Zoey smiled.

"Sounds like a great idea! Since we have the week off, let's go now!" I laughed as she tugged me up.

Soon we were in the hatchery. It was burning in there, since the eggs had to be kept very hot. We all decided to find an ideal egg for every person. Zoey went first.

"Ohh, this blue one is nice... but so is this green one!" She squealed.

"How about this one, then?" Daniel gestured to a blue and green egg.

"Oh it's perfect!" She ranced over and stroked it.

Next we were looking for me. Unfortunately, nothing really caught my eye.

"I don't know guys, maybe..." a sudden coolness enveloped me. "Wait, how is it cool all of a sudden?" The others looked confused.

"It's still extrememly hot in her, Lori," Zoey fanned her face for emphasis.

"Hmmm..." I slid my hand along a wall, and was surprised to find a tunnel hidden in the shadows. "Weird..." I began to walk down the tunnel.

"Lorelai, where are you going?" Daniel shouted after me. I turned.

"You guys keep looking for eggs you like," I said,  "I'm going to look around this tunnel..." I heard them move off. I turned to continue down the tunnel.

"Hey, wait!" Collin jogged up to me, "I'll come with you." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine," I muttered. He grinned and we walked down the tunnel side by side.

As we reached the end, he ran ahead.

"Lori, you have got to see this!" I was slightly annoyed that he called me Lori, but it didn't matter right now.

"See what, Collin?" I walked up to him to look into the cave.

What I saw there made me gasp.

~~~~~~
Hey guys, I'm back! Since I have a break, I'll try to update Wednesday, too! Don't forget to vote!