39. Announcement

Olivia's P.O.V

April 22nd, 2016

   "You look so good right now." I complimented Gerald and smiled. He was about to go on stage.

   "Yeah? You like me with my buttoned shirt unbuttoned?" He smirked, and I knew that he was teasing, but he shouldn't annoy me.

   "Yes." I nodded, my smile grew wider. He went to get the microphone and then quickly came back to me.

   "I want you up on that stage with me." What?

   "Again?" He nodded enthusiastically. "What would I do on that stage?"

   "I don't know, but we'll figure it out." He shrugged. I was about to lean in for a hug, but he was told to go on stage. "I'll give you that hug later, baby." He kissed my head and ran on stage. Oh, this is embarrasing! He noticed me leaning in? Oh... 

   I Snapchatted him while he performed. Lil Wayne joined him on the stage. After a while, I sat down with Suzanne and Gerald's team, having some laughs. It felt good to be so comfortable with them. 

   "Did you see the Drifting music video?" Grady asked me, and I nodded. "You know that this song is about you?" I suspected that. I had a feeling that it was about me, I was just too much of a coward to ask him about it. I didn't even listen to the whole album yet.

   "I didn't... I speculated that it was about me... But I know Gerald way too much. He's going to deny that." Grady smiled. Why is he smiling? There's nothing funy about what he did. "Why are you smiling?"

   "I think about that time when you two were separated. It was hard for him. I never saw him in love with someone as he is with you." I smiled. I know it's true for him. "I've been his friend for a long time, Liv. I've never seen him like this. I never saw him loving someone like he loves you. To be honest, he never chased a girl down like he chased you. You're really important to him, and that's why you're really important to us."

   "Thank you, Grady. I appreciate it a lot." I hugged him and he hugged me back. I noticed a flash. Ben took a picture of us. I'm still not used to being photographed so much during Gerald's shows. We pulled away, and I chuckled. "You guys film everything." I told them and they laughed.

   "These memories are treasured forever." Xavier responded, and I smiled. 

   "And backed up everywhere, to make sure that they'll stay with us forever." Ben continued, making me laugh. After I calmed down, I noticed Gerald got backstage.

   "Come on, Liv. I'm waiting for you!" He yelled at me. So impatient.

   "I'm coming, sheesh." I complained. Gerald got back on stage, and I took out a surprise I planned. I bought water guns for me and 2 more people, to play a little prank on Ger. Marty and Grady took the other two and I gave Ben a GoPro to film it. We loaded the water guns with water and went on stage. I splashed Gerald as he performed and I laughed while Grady and Marty splashed the crowd.

   "Come on, give me a hug." He was soaking wet because of me. I shook my head.

   "No way, step back." He caught me and hugged me. My clothes wll be ruined! "Stop! Ger!" He laughed, and I giggled. I loaded the gun and tried splashing him. After a few seconds he pulled away. I continued splashing the crowd until I felt someone throwing water at me. It was Gerald. He spilled his whole water bottle at me. Is he trying to start a war? He laughed really hard after he did that and saw my annoyed face.

   "Now we're even." He said over the microphone. Annoyed, I splashed him a little and that made me chuckle. He deserves that since he's annoying. He smiled. We quickly went backstage since we were told to go back. What's the problem with us having fun on stage?

   "That was fun, my ninja." Marty told me as we went backstage. I laughed.

   "Yeah, I'm soaking wet because of him..." I whined, and they chuckled. Xavier approached me with my phone.

   "Your friend, Alexa... She says she needs you." He commented, and I took my phone from him, not saying anything. The way he talked... It made me fear that something happened to Alexa. My heart was pounding fast. 

   "Alexa? Alexa? Is everything okay?" I asked over the phone, feeling uncalm.

   'Everything's fine. I have to tell you something, just come home.'

   "Is it something bad, Lex? What is it?" She says that everything's fine, but she doesn't even give me a hint about what's happening.

   'Everything's fine. Just come home, Liv. I need to talk to you.'  She was scaring me. 'Hey, I told you. Everything's fine, so stop being so silently scared.' I sighed.

   "Okay. I'm on my way home."

   'We're waiting for you.' I hung up. Waiting for Gerald to finish his show, I was feeling anxious. What does she have to say? Fuck, these kinds of things scare me too much. Oh, God... When Gerald finally finished performing for today, I ran to hug him. His hug always calms me down.

   "Is everything good? You're hugging me very tightly, that must mean that something bad is happening..." He spoke. How does he know? How does he know me so well?

   "I have to go home; Ger. Alexa says she needs me." I frowned, and he nodded. He's so understanding... We pulled away.

   "Okay." He smiled. "Just come back quick, I need to talk to you." Great, now I'm curious to know what he wants to talk to me about. Oh, this feels so stressing... Why do both of them have to be mysterious. "It's nothing bad, I promise you. I know how much you hate it when someone breaks a promise." He stroked my cheek with his thumb.

   "I will." He connected our lips to a kiss and after a few seconds we pulled away.

April 23rd, 2016

   "Okay, I told you that nothing bad happened, why are you so worried??" Alexa began. She made me worried with the way she talked! She didn't explain anything!

   "What happened?" I held her hand.

   "I found out about this right before your fetus died. I wanted to tell everyone, but I couldn't do it to you. I was afraid that it might hurt you if I'd announce it, but you seem like you're doing so much better now, and-"

   "Lex, just tell me what happened." I felt my heart pounding fast.

   "Boo, I'm pregnant." Tears formed in her eyes. My heart skipped a beat. I felt so relieved to know that it was something good. I pulled her into a tight hug and chuckled a little. I guess she was scared to do this over the phone. And she had waited enough. I get her. As long as she's doing well...

   "You scared me. You really scared me." She chuckled too. "Oh, my God, Lex. I am so happy for you."

   "We decided to delay the wedding." I nodded.

   "I'm happy for you. We should tell everyone about it." She nodded.

   "Soon. I'm not in a rush. But I really wanted you to know. You're the most important one." I pulled her to a hug. "I missed you."

   "I missed you too.