Chapter One

A/N: When I wrote this story years ago as a much younger person, I loved the human AU of this fandom and this book was them AS humans. But returning to it now, I have now decided to just rewrite the whole book and keep them as mutants. That explains all the human art from Google. That's all.

***Leo's Pov********************
I was sitting down outside of the lair with someone sitting next to me, but it wasn't any of my brothers. It was a girl, a female turtle. A female mutant. I was around twelve or thirteen around the time, along with the person next to me. We were chatting and laughing together, like how young kids would do. I looked at her, but she was too busy explaining something that she didn't even notice that I was staring at her. I just smiled at her sweetly, she never noticed things before. But after a while, she finally noticed and turned around, her bright, clover blue eyes staring into my deep blue ones. "Leonardo? What's wrong? Are you okay?"she asked me. I just laughed softly and nodded my head. " 'course I am, silly"I said before I continued to stare at her. She blushed softly as she started to snap me out of my trance."Leo? Leo! LEO!"

---

"LEO! WAKE UP, BRO!!!"a voiced yelled into my ear. I jolted up and looked around, to find myself in my bedroom. It was just a dream. I looked up to see my little brother Mikey. "Mikey! What the hell, man?!" I yelled at him, sitting up and wacked him with my pillow. Mikey laughed softly and pushed the pillow out of his face. "Sorry, dude, but it's time for breakfast! See ya there, bro!" he said and ran off, laughing as I threw another pillow after him. I sighed as I flopped back into my bed and stared at the ceiling. That girl..... I knew her from somewhere...... but where? I sighed as I kicked off my bed sheets and walked to the kitchen where I found my brothers and Splinter, our adopted father. I sat down and started to eat, but yet that dream I had kept replaying. That girl.... I know her.... and she knew me. But I can't remember her name.

Later, I went to the living room with my brothers to just hang out. Raph was reading his comics, Donnie was on his laptop searching for anything new about the Kraang bots while me and Mikey watched some TV. Our human friend, April O'Neill soon came walking into the lair. "Hey guys!"she greeted, me and Mikey waving at her vaguely as we kept our eyes on the TV. Raph only grunted in response to acknowledge her presence while Donnie completely turned around to smile at her with his love sick eyes. I don't even need to turn around to know he's doing that right now. Because he always does it.

"Shouldn't you be at school right now?" Mikey asked as he hugged his pillow tighter, his eyes still glued to the screen. "Oh of course, I always have school on Saturdays" April teased, smiling. I sighed as the memories of my dream returned and I stood up, causing Mikey to look at me. "Where you going, bro? The show isn't even over yet!" he said, frowning. "Nothing, I just have to walk around for a bit. Be right back" I said and walked off. Since watching shows with Mikey wasn't helping me, I thought walking around the lair would help. But as I walked, I found a door not too far from mine that I've always seen but... I never really dared to look inside. My brothers and I always thought it was some kind of storage room or something but... I don't know. There's something about this door that tempts me to open it so badly.  To unlock SOME kind of secret. But right when I was about to grab the door handle, I heard Donnie's voice call me from the living room. "Leo! Get over here! We got a Kraang signal coming in!" he shouted. I looked at the door one last time before walking away and ran over. "What's up?"

"I've located some nearby Kraang bots that are stealing mutation from a local warehouse!" He said as everyone stared at his laptop screen. I nodded and stood up. "Alright, everyone gear up!" I said and ran back to my room to grab my Katanas and some other things to help in this mission. I came back to see my brother's with their weapons and April with her fan. I smiled and we ran out of the lair after Splinter wished us good luck. We ran out into the streets, sticking to the shadows before arriving at the warehouse. And Donnie was right, there were a bunch of Kraang bots coming in and out of the storage, some loading cans of mutation while other went in to get more. "Let's bash these bots to pieces!" Raph said, taking out his Sais before I stopped him. "Hold on Raph, we've been over this. We have to come up with a plan and THEN bash some bots. Otherwise, we're just gonna cause more trouble for ourselves" I told him. He rolled his eyes and grumbled while April looked at me.

"So what's the plan, Leo?"she asked before I thought for a minute.
"Okay, here's the plan. Donnie and April, you go in as a distraction. Raph, take care of the bots inside the truck that are loading everything. Mikey and I will take care of bots inside. Raph, when you're done with your part of the mission, go help the others. Then you guys can join me and Mikey. Everyone got it?" I said and everyone nodded. Alright, let's do this.