3.

Emma's point of view

A few days later, all the texts and calls from Harry stopped. So many times I was tempted to answer his calls, but I wanted to distance myself from him as much as possible. He was leaving to go on tour in a few days anyways, so talking to him again now would just be pointless. 

"Hey, you okay?" Tom asked as he walked into my room. Or, well, his guest room which was my bedroom while I was staying there. 

"I will be. I just need to get over him and then I'll be better than ever." I answered him. 

He walked over to the bed and sat down next to me. He didn't say anything at first, he just looked down. 

"Emma, listen... I know you're mad at him. I would be too if he said those things to me. But, you can't just think of yourself right now. You have a baby on the way, and it's not just yours. It's his, too. I love you, and I love my little nephew or niece and I just want what's best for you both." 

"I can't... I just can't talk to him. I've been avoiding his calls for days now just so I wouldn't end up telling him about the baby. Just a few weeks ago, he said in an interview that he's not ready for kids yet. If he's not ready, how will I then even know if he's gonna stay? He might just leave me if I tell him, and I can't go through that again. I can't, Tom, I can't..." By now, I had tears streaming down my face. 

"I understand." Tom said and hugged me. "If you really don't wanna do it, then we'll figure something out, okay? But only for now. I'm still serious about what I said when you first told me. If you haven't told him by the time the baby is born, I will tell him myself. It's not because I want to be mean or anything, trust me. But as a guy, I can imagine what it must feel like to not being told you're gonna be a dad." 

"When I'm ready, or if I ever will be ready, I'll tell him... Maybe." I said. 

"Take your time." He said. "I'm gonna go make something to eat. You want any?" 

"No thanks, I'm not that hungry." I said. Tom nodded and gave me a small smile before leaving the room. 

When he was out of the room, I checked my phone and saw a text from Niall. Niall has always been a close friend of mine, ever since I met him. Harry brought me to a dinner with him and the other boys in his band about a week after out first date. 

From Niall: heard what happened between you and harry... need a friend?

To Niall: More than you know, you in LA? 

From Niall: yeah, meet me at echo park? 

To Niall: okay:)

I put away my phone and got changed into blue jeans, a white t shirt with black stripes and Adidas superstar shoes. 

"I'm going out to meet Niall. I don't know when I'll be back." I said to Tom as I walked through the living room. 

"Okay, have fun." He said back. 

I walked out the door and headed to the park, where I immediately spotted Niall sitting at a bench right in front of the lake. I sat down next to him and he greeted me with a hug. 

"How are you feeling?" Niall asked me. 

"Been better." I replied. "Did Harry tell you exactly what happened?" 

"Yeah, he said that he tried to force you to go out partying and he ended up getting really angry and told you that you were over or something." He said. 

"I want to tell you something, but you have to promise that you won't tell Harry. Or anyone, actually." I said and avoided looking at Niall. "My brother Tom is the only other person who knows it..." 

"Okay, I have to admit I'm kinda terrified right now." Niall said, making me let out a little chuckle. 

"No need to. It's just that there's a reason why I didn't want to go out that night. But it was a reason I didn't want to tell Harry and that's why it turned into such a huge thing..." I said. 

"Just tell me. I'm getting really curious right now." He said. 

"I'm pregnant." I didn't look at Niall as I said it, but I could hear his low gasp. 

"Holy shit. And I assume it's Harry's, right?" 

"Of course it is." I replied. 

"Wait, why don't you want Harry to know?" Niall asked. 

"Because I know he's not ready for kids and I'm afraid he'll leave when he finds out. And now that we had this big fight, it's even harder to tell him. And on top of it all, you guys leave to go on tour in a few days." I explained. "Promise me you won't tell Harry? I'll tell him when I'm ready. I just don't know when that is yet..." 

"I promise. As long as you promise to give me pregnancy updates while we're on tour. And don't worry, I'll make sure Harry doesn't find out." He said. 

"Thank you." I said and gave him a half-smile. 

"How far along are you?" 

"The doctor told me 2 months." I replied and he nodded. 

"Well, congratulations. I think you're gonna be a great mom." 

"I really hope so. I'm just glad I at least have Tom's help. If it wasn't for him, I honestly don't know what I'd do." I said. 

"You can count on me too, you know. I'd be more than glad to help you out with the baby." Niall said. 

"Thanks, Niall. It really means the world to me." 

"That's what friends are for, right?" 

--------------

keep commenting baby names !!:)

- m i a h xx