21 - epilogue.

Emma's point of view - 7 months later

"I'll go and get Ava." Harry said as we heard the sound of Ava's crying come from upstairs. He gave my cheek a kiss on his way out of the kitchen. 

Only a few minutes later, Harry returned downstairs with a now happy Ava, who smiled as soon as she saw me. 

"There's my birthday girl!" I cooed as I walked up to her and Harry.

Harry handed me Ava and I immediately gave her cheek a kiss-bomb. She giggled hysterically as I tickled her as well. 

I gave her one last kiss before I put her in her highchair. Harry and I had made pancakes for her, which Harry had offered to feed her while I headed upstairs to get ready. All our friends and family were coming over in an hour to celebrate our daughter's first birthday. 

I had already done my makeup, so I just needed to get changed. I dressed up in a baby pink dress that was very similar to the one I was gonna dress up Ava in. 

After I was changed and I fixed up my hair a little, I headed back downstairs. Harry was still feeding Ava her breakfast and kept making silly faces at her. Harry really is the perfect father. 

3 months ago, I moved out of my brother's house and bought a house with Harry. We bought a house closer to Tom's house than the last house. Now it's walking distance between our houses. And also, Tom has joined the army. He joined them last month, but he's not gonna be going away just yet. 

"Is the garden all set?" Harry asked when he saw me entering the kitchen. 

"Yeah, we just gotta get the cakes out there." I replied and he nodded. 

When Ava was finally finished eating, Harry brought her upstairs to get her changed while I cleaned up in the kitchen. I of course made sure not to spill anything on my dress. 

Then, I opened Instagram and decided to post about Ava. 

@emma_parker: Hard to believe my baby is a whole year old today! Definitely been the best year of my life so far, and there are still so many good years to come

@emma_parker: Hard to believe my baby is a whole year old today! Definitely been the best year of my life so far, and there are still so many good years to come. Happy 1st birthday, Ava Elizabeth! 

After I posted it, I scrolled through Instagram and saw that Harry had posted as well. 

@harrystyles: Happy 1st birthday to my beautiful and so sweet daughter Ava! Daddy loves you, princess x

I smiled at the picture, which was one that I hadn't seen before. At the same moment, Harry and Ava returned downstairs. I noticed Harry had changed as well when they were upstairs. He was now dressed in a white shirt, black tie, and a pair of black jeans. 

"You look so handsome." I said and gave him a kiss. 

"And you look absolutely gorgeous." He said making me smile. 

He gave me another kiss before we decided to bring the cakes out to the garden. We let Ava crawl around on the grass while we did it. 

When we were done, the first guests had started to show up. First to arrive was Tom, who hugged both me and Harry before walking out to the back to see Ava. 

Harry and I headed out back too, and from then, guests showed up really quick. Anne and Gemma even flew in from England and we also invited all of Harry's band mates. 

"Emma!" I heard Niall say as I was adjusting how the cakes were placed on the table. I turned around and was met by Niall, who gave me a hug. "Congratulations on the 1 year old." 

"Thanks, Niall. It really means a lot to me and Harry that you, Liam, and Louis are coming." I said. 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." He said and smiled. "Now where is the little munchkin?" 

"Last time I saw her, she was with Jeremy and they were over by the swings." I said and he nodded. "Should we go see if we find her?" I suggested. 

"Sure." He replied. 

We made our way through the crowd until we spotted Ava and Jeremy by the swings. Jeremy smiled as soon as he saw me and picked up Ava from the swings. 

"I swear, this girl just gets cuter every time I see her." Jeremy said as he handed me Ava. I smiled at his comment and gave Ava's cheek a kiss. 

"I'm gonna go talk to Tom." Jeremy said before heading off. 

"Here." I said and handed Ava to Niall. "Mind taking care of her while I look for Harry?" 

"I don't mind at all." Niall said as he made a face at Ava. I smiled at him before turning around and walking over to the cake table, where I figured Harry would most likely be. And so he was. 

He was standing by the cake table talking to Gemma. 

"Hey, where's Ava?" Harry asked as I approached them.

"She's with Niall." I replied. "Anyways, I was gonna ask if you could maybe hold a short speech? And then we can give Ava her cake and let the guests eat as well?" 

"Sure." Harry said and smiled. 

"Great. I'll go and get Ava." I said and then headed back to the swings where Niall and Ava were. "Hey. Harry's about to hold a speech and then there will be cake." I informed Niall. 

"Cake sounds awesome right now." He said smiling as he handed me Ava. Then, we walked back to the cake table together. Niall stopped walking when we walked past Louis and Liam, while I continued over to Harry. 

"Ready?" I asked and smiled at him, and he replied with a nod. 

"Excuse me, everyone, if I could have your attention please?" Harry said loudly, making everyone stop talking and look over at us. "We would like to thank you all for coming today and sharing this special day with us. Having all of our friends and family here makes this day extra special, which was all we really wanted for Ava's first birthday; a day surrounded by the people we love. And with that being said, I think it's time to eat some cake, eh?" 

The guests clapped as Harry picked up Ava's own cake and put it down on the grass. Then, I put Ava down next to it and let her eat from it. As she began messily eating her cake, the guests grabbed pieces of cake from the cakes on the cake table. 

I crouched down to take pictures of Ava as she was now covered in white cake, but still had a big smile on her face. 

"She's so perfect, isn't she?" Harry said as he crouched down as well. I looked over at him and smiled. 

"She really is." I said. "Thank you, Harry, for helping me put this party together. Without you by my side, all this wouldn't have been possible. I'm just glad I was able to do something really special for my baby on her big day. And it looks like we did it." 

------------

it's not really good, but I hope you enjoyed the epilogue !! the sequel will be up as soon as I get finished writing the first chapter:)

- m i a h xx