5.

Emma's point of view, one month later, 5 months pregnant

"Tom, do I look fat?" I asked Tom as I walked into the kitchen. 

"Don't be silly. You don't look fat." He replied. "I'm gonna go out and do some shopping. Do you need anything?" 

"No, I'm good." I said. "Tom?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What happens when the baby is born?" I asked. Tom gave me a confused look. "Like, do I move out or what's gonna happen?" 

"Emma. Sis. I've told you a billion times before. You and the baby are more than welcome to live here. I understand that after what happened with Harry that you don't have anywhere else to go. I don't have an extra room for the baby, but I suppose that until we figure something out, he or she can stay in the room with you." He said. 

"Thank you." I said and hugged him. 

"No worries." He replied, smiling. "I gotta go, but I'll see you later. Call me if anything happens." 

"Okay. Bye." 

"Bye." He replied and then left the house. 

I walked upstairs and got changed into an over-sized hoodie, only to cover up my bump. No one was there to see it, but it only made me feel fat and I hated it. 

After changing, I headed downstairs again and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bag of chips and then sat down in front of the TV. 

I had been sitting there for about an hour watching The Kardashians when the doorbell rang. I groaned and got up from the couch. This happened way too often. Always when I'm home alone, one of Tom's friends come over and I have to awkwardly tell him that Tom's not home. It's always awkward. Always. 

I opened the door expecting to see one of Tom's friends, but I was shocked when I saw who really was there. Harry. I wanted to shut the door in his face, but I was frozen. 

"Can we talk?" He asked. 

"Harry, I don't think that's such a good idea..." 

"Please. It's all I'm asking for. I just wanna talk to you and explain myself. I'm going to England tonight to spend the rest of my break, but I just had to see you first... Please?" He said. 

I looked down at the floor and hesitated a little before nodding. I stepped aside and let him walk inside. 

"How did you even know I was here?" I asked him. 

"I didn't. I've already been to two other houses looking for you. I went to Jeremy's place and I checked Niall's house. I know you've been in touch with him lately so I wanted to check if maybe was letting you stay at his house." He answered and I nodded. 

"Just say what you have to say." I said. 

"Emma, you have seriously no idea how sorry I am for everything. You mean so much more to me than going to those stupid clubs. I've realized now that I would much more rather stay in and watch movies and cuddle instead of going out." He said. I didn't look at him while he was talking to me. I couldn't. I knew I would end up crying and looking like an idiot. 

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked, still not looking at him. 

"I broke up with her yesterday... I only dated her to try and get over you, but I never stopped thinking about you." He replied. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but I cut myself off when I heard the front door. 

"You are never going to guess what I bought! It's the cutest thing ever and it's for the baby!" It was Tom. He was still standing by the door, so he obviously didn't know Harry was here. "It's a little onesie and it even says 'If you think I'm cute, you should see my uncle'!" 

I looked at Harry, and his eyebrows were furrowed. 

"You gotta see it. It's literally the most-" Tom stopped mid-sentence when he walked into the living room and saw Harry standing there. He then looked at me as he realized what had just happened. 

"Are you pregnant?" Harry asked me. 

"I think I'll just go upstairs." Tom said and then quickly walked upstairs. Well, thanks Tom. 

I looked at Harry again, and his expression was unreadable. I couldn't tell what he was feeling, at all. 

"Yes..." I answered his question. 

"Is it, um, mine?" He asked. Without looking at him, I nodded. 

"Don't worry, you don't have to take care of it. Tom has already offered to help me, so you can just go out and live your life, if you want to." I said. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked me. 

"The night of our fight was the same day I found out I was pregnant. That's why I didn't want to go out. So when things ended as badly as it did, I didn't want to talk to you. Especially not about this. And on top of it all, you have been saying in tons of interviews that you're not ready to have kids yet." I answered. 

"Well, now I feel even worse about that fight..." Harry said, looking at the floor. "Even though I've said I'm not ready for kids, that doesn't mean that I won't be around. I will do whatever I can to be the best dad possible." 

"The baby's gonna be born in 4 months, Harry. You're on tour then." I said. 

"So? That doesn't mean I can't come home during the short breaks we get." He said. 

"Can we please just have this talk another day?" I asked him, sighing. 

"No, we can't have this talk another day. I'm going to England tomorrow and then I won't be back in LA for months." He said. 

"Harry, I just can't have this conversation right now. You can't just show up at my door like this. I wasn't prepared to see you today..." 

"You think I was prepared to hear that I'm gonna be a dad?" He said. "Listen, Emma, I came here to try and make things better between us, but it's literally impossible if I'm the only one willing to actually try and get past all of this."

"I never said I don't wanna try. All I said is that I just can't have this conversation right now, Harry. Why is that so hard to understand?" I said as Tom came downstairs. 

"Is everything alright?" Tom asked. 

"This is none of your business." Harry said to him. 

"Actually, it is. Because this is my little sister you're messing with." 

"What are you talking about? I'm not messing with her. I'm just trying to talk to her about what's gonna happen once the baby is born, but she won't cooperate." Harry said. 

"Get out of my house." Tom said, obviously getting annoyed with Harry. 

"Whatever, man." And with that, Harry walked away and slammed the door. Just like the last time he left. 

--------

sooo, hope you like this!! keep commenting names, 'cause it's not so long until baby Styles is born, actually!! not many chapters left until it happens:))

- m i a h xx