7.

Emma's point of view

Ava woke up crying at 3 AM, and I was sat on my bed with her in my arms when my phone went off. With my free arm, I picked up the phone from the bed side table and looked at the caller ID. Harry.

I glanced down at Ava, who was slowly falling back asleep. She looked so peaceful, and she didn't even know what troubles her parents are going through.

I looked back on my phone and answered Harry's call.

"Hey..." I said quietly into the phone.

"Emma. I'm so so sorry. I really am. Believe me." I could hear his heavy breath and his almost panicked voice. "When I found out you were pregnant and we had the fight, I just wanted to forget about you and the baby. I was thinking that maybe I wasn't ready to be a dad. I was scared that I'm not gonna be good enough for her. But after seeing that picture of her, I regretted everything and I broke down. I'm so sorry, Emma. I wish I could change everything..."

After his little speech, I didn't have words. My eyes were glued to the girl lying in my arm, who had now fallen asleep.

"I... I don't know what to say." I said.

"You don't have to say anything. Just please let me be in her life. The tour is over in two months and I would be more than happy to help you raise her. I haven't even met her yet, but she still means the world to me already. Please?"

Again, I looked at Ava. She was the sweetest little creature ever, and she deserved a dad. She needed a dad.

"Well, Ava's already very excited to meet you." I said, and although I couldn't see Harry, I could tell he was smiling by the way I heard his breathing change.

"Give her a kiss me, okay? It's late, and you need to get to bed." He said.

"I will. Bye, Harry."

"Bye, Emma."

----- next morning

At 7 AM the next morning, Ava woke me up with her crying. Groaning, I climbed out of bed and lifted her up from her crib.

I gave her a kiss on the forehead as I carried her downstairs to the kitchen, where Tom was currently drinking his coffee.

"Morning." He said and smiled at me.

"Good morning." I replied and started preparing Ava's bottle.

"Were you talking to someone around 3 or 4-ish?" Tom asked, putting down his cup on the counter.

"Yes... Harry called." I said.

"Really? What did he say?"

"He wants to be in Ava's life, and he's going to. He comes back from the tour in two months." I said. "I'll tell you a more detailed version later. Don't you have work?"

"Yes, right. I'll see you later. Bye!"

"Bye."

When Ava's bottle was prepared, I sat down on the couch and started feeding her. I turned on the TV and watched whatever episode of South Park that was on.

The rest of the day was rough before Tom came home. Ava was crying constantly, and trying to soothe her just didn't work. The only time she wasn't crying was when she was either eating or sleeping. 

So when Tom came home from work and offered to look after her while I got to relax for a while, I was grateful. I walked up to my room and watched The Vampire Diaries on my Mac while eating a chocolate bar I had in my drawer. The reason I had it there was because I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night craving chocolate when I was pregnant. 

In the middle of an episode, I got a text from Tom. 

Tom: you didn't give birth to a baby. you gave birth to a crying machine

I couldn't help but laugh at his text. Literally, what would I do without Tom?

---------

soooo, this was really short, but I'll try and write longer from now on:)) comment what you want to happen in the story! I'm open for every idea:) and if you don't want to comment it, feel free to message me!!

- m i a h xx