13.

Emma's point of view

Hesitantly, I answered the call. 

"Hello?" I said. 

I didn't get an answer. All I heard was just a bunch of heavy breathing and what sounded like sobbing. 

"Harry, are you there?" I asked. 

"Emma, can you come over? I-I need you.." His voice sounded panicked, and he kept taking breaks between words to breathe. 

"What's going on?" 

"Please help me, I need you. I need someone." He answered, sobbing. 

"Okay, I'll be there soon." I said and then hung up. I tossed my phone on the bed before rushing to Tom's room. "Tom, wake up!" I said, making him wake up. 

"What time is it?" He asked, rubbing his eyes. 

"It's 2 AM." I answered and he sighed. 

"Emma, you can't just-" 

"I need you to sleep with the door open in case Ava starts crying. I have to go out for a little while." I said. 

"What, why? Where are you going?" 

"I think something's really wrong with Harry. He called me and he was crying and just saying he needs someone." I explained. "Just take care of Ava in case she wakes up crying, alright? I have to go." 

I went back into my room to grab my phone before I rushed outside to my car. I started the engine and then drove as fast as I could to Harry's place. 

I parked the car in his driveway and ran up to his door. It wasn't locked, so I just walked right in. Harry was nowhere in sight, so I headed down to the hall to the bedroom. Empty. 

"Harry?" I called out. That was when I heard a noise from the bathroom. 

When I opened the bathroom door, I saw Harry sitting curled up against the wall. He immediately looked up at me, and I noticed the stream of tears on his cheeks and the blood on his arms. 

"Harry, what happened?" I asked, crouching down so I was the same height as him. I grabbed his arm and looked at it. He had cut himself. 

"I'm stupid, I know. I just need you to make me stop. Stop me from it." Harry said, wiping away his tears. 

"Why would you do this?" I asked, still looking at his arm. He didn't answer me, he just looked down, avoiding eye contact with me. 

I got up from the floor and began searching the bathroom for a cloth. When I found one, I tied it around his arm to stop the bleeding. Then, I got some toilet paper and soaked it in water before starting to wipe away the blood on his arm. That was when I realized that not all of the cuts were new. Some of them were older, and had turned into scars. 

"How long have you been doing this?" I asked. He still wouldn't look at me. "Harry, look at me." 

"I started doing it during the tour.. It was just a way to deal with the pain of being all alone." He said, finally looking at me.

"Alone? Harry, what about your bandmates? Your best friends? Your family? Your fans?" I asked. 

"I already told you I'm stupid. And I want you to make me stop so I can be a good father to Ava." He said. 

"You just have to really want to stop, okay? Just whenever you think about harming yourself, think about Ava. Think about how sad it would make her to lose her dad or even seeing her dad in so much pain." I said. "And it would make me sad, too. I hope you know that. Even though we aren't together, I still care about you." 

He looked away from me again. 

"Let's just get you to your room." I said and got up from the floor. Then, I helped him get up and led him to his bed. "Do you want me to call your mom or Gemma?" I asked as I sat down next to him on the bed.

"No, I don't want them to know any of this." He said. 

"Why not?" 

"I just don't want anyone else to know. You're the only one that knows." He said. I gave him a small nod. 

"I just don't get why you would do something like this..." I said, looking at his arms. Just the sight of his scars made me sick. 

"I hated my life back then when it started. I knew you were pregnant with Ava when I started, and I just felt horrible. I had treated you like crap and I wasn't even sure if I would be in her life. I thought my whole life was ruined and I was in constant pain. You have no idea how hard it was. I had to put on a face for the fans and pretend my life was perfect, when it was far from that. I barely got a chance to be by myself, and I was so tired of pretending to be happy that I was ready to just end it all. That night was the night I called you, telling you I wanted to be in Ava's life. You never realized it, but you saved my life that night..." I saw tears in his eyes, and one fell down his cheek. 

I felt tears form in my eyes as well, just thinking about what could have happened if I didn't answer the phone that night. 

I wiped my eyes as I looked up at Harry and pulled him in for a hug. "Don't ever scare me like this again. Harry, if you had killed yourself that night, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself. The last memory I would have of you would be us fighting..." I said, not letting go of him. After a while, I said to him; "I think you need to get some rest, alright? I'll bring Ava over tomorrow so you can spend some time with her. From what I know now, you need it." 

Harry gave me a weak smile and nodded. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then, okay? And in the meantime, just stay safe and get some rest." I said and got up from the bed. He nodded as I gave him another hug. Then, I left his room and headed back out to my car, where I was sat for about 5 minutes trying to process everything that I had just been told. 

For some reason, I felt really guilty. I felt like I should have realized earlier that something was wrong. I should have sensed that something was wrong when he called me that night. He sounded so scared and so out of breath. He sounded like he was in pain, but I didn't realize it when I should have. 

--------

hope you like this!! gave you a long chapter this time:)

- m i a h xx