8.

Emma's point of view, 2 months later

Today's the day Harry is coming home from tour. He was supposed to just come over after his plane landed, but because he doesn't have someone to pick him up, I had to. 

I had just finished getting Ava ready to go, and was now getting ready myself. 

Even though Harry and I had a big fight last time we saw each other, I was excited for today. But not because I was excited to see Harry again. I was excited because Ava was finally gonna meet her dad, after living two months of her life without him. 

When I was ready, I picked up Ava and carried her downstairs. Tom was sat on the couch watching TV, but turned around when he heard us come downstairs. 

"You look nervous." He said. 

"I am." I replied. 

"Well, good luck. Call me if you need anything." He said. 

"I will." I said and gave him a smile. "Bye." 

"Bye." 

I slipped on my shoes and left the house. I put Ava in her car seat in the backseat before getting into the driver seat. After I started the car, I decided to put on some One Direction music, and Ava seemed to like it as it made her smile. 

Then, I began driving to the airport. 

Not long after, we arrived at the airport. I stopped the car, got out of it and before picking up Ava, I got her stroller out of the trunk. Then, I picked up Ava and lied her down in it. 

As we were walking inside the airport, I received a text from Harry saying that the plane just landed. I texted back saying okay and then I sat down on a bench near the exit. 

I picked up Ava from her stroller and held her while we were waiting for Harry. She was starting to look so much more like her dad. Her eyes were green now, just like Harry's. 

Eventually, I saw Harry coming out from the terminal. He immediately noticed us and began walking towards us, keeping his eyes glued to Ava. 

"Look, Ava, there's your daddy." I whispered to her and placed her differently in my lap so she could see him. 

"Hey." Harry said as he approached us and sat down next to me. 

"Hi." I replied. 

"She's so beautiful..." He said, looking down at Ava. 

"Here." I said, and held out Ava in front of him. He gladly took her and held her in his arms.

A grin formed on his face as he was looking at her, and I also saw a tear falling from his eye. 

"Are you crying?" I asked, slightly chuckling. 

"Yeah, it's just that this is so surreal. Like, this is actually my daughter." He said. 

"Tom cried too when she was born. And so did I, of course." I said, making him look at me and smile. 

"If it's okay with you, I was hoping maybe all 3 of us could spend the day together? Maybe go to the park or something?" Harry suggested. 

"Yeah,  I kinda figured you'd want to spend time with Ava today." I replied and he smiled. "So, should we get going?" 

"Yeah." He replied and we got up form the bench. Harry kept her in his arms while I pushed the stroller to the car. 

When we got to the car, Harry put her in her car seat and then got into the passenger. When all 3 of us and the stroller were in the car, we began driving to the park. 

Neither one of us said anything on the drive there, we just listened to the radio. We were both trying to put the awkwardness aside because of Ava, but I could tell he was also thinking of our break up. 

"I have a blanket in the trunk Ava can lay on." I said as I stopped the car in front of the park. Harry nodded, stepping out and getting Ava out of her car seat. Meanwhile, I opened the trunk and picked up the blanket. It was still there from when Tom and I took her to the park a couple weeks ago. 

We then walked through the park until we found a quiet spot. I put the blanket down on the grass and Harry lied her down on top of it. I sat in front of her with my legs crossed, and Harry sat on the other side of her. 

"You might already know, but One Direction's taking a break now. We only have a few interviews and such left, but it's all in LA. So, that means I won't have to leave and I'll be with you and Ava all the time." Harry said, and I nodded. 

"Tom told me after he was watching the news." I said. "How is the custody deal gonna be?" I asked, making Harry look down at Ava. He hesitated a little before he spoke. 

"I know that this might not be the best time to talk about it, but as a kid who had to travel between his mum and his dad and eventually ended up losing all contact with his dad, I don't want Ava to go through that to. I don't want her to live at two places, because then what if she never knows which house is her home?" 

"And what do you mean by that?" I asked, trying to not look at him by playing with Ava's tiny hands instead. 

"I want us to be like we used to be. We can be a family and raise Ava together." He replied. I tried to say something, but nothing came out. I was lost for words. "I miss you, Emma, and there's nothing that would make me happier than if it could be us again." 

"It's been almost a year, Harry... And I've spent every single day trying to get over you... If you really wanted me back, why didn't you try and contact me after we broke up?" I asked. 

"I was scared you hated me. The reason we had that fight was because of me. If I hadn't been so insensitive that night, this whole situation would have been different.  I would have been there for you and supported you when you were pregnant and I would have made sure I had some time off for Ava's birth. Every single day, I feel all this guilt about how badly I've treated you. You mean the world to me, Emma, and I can't lose you. I just can't..." 

"I'm not gonna give you a yes or no answer right now... Let's just take things slow and see what happens, okay? Baby steps?" I suggested. 

"Okay. Baby steps." 

------------

sooo, I know that Harry is actually in touch with his dad in real life, but for the sake of the story, he hasn't spoken to his dad in years here. 

please tell me some ideas about what should happen next! I might have a writer's block soon if I can't find anything to write about...:(((

- m i a h xx