Detetention

"Tanner! What is this?" I say pulling on my arm as I was trapped in the chair.

He looked at me, "Detention, The lock is just to make sure you two don't murder each other," he said not looking at me. There was still another teacher in the room. He was older than Tanner, and seemed to be not so mad.

"Well Hayden, already getting into fights, it's not even the second week of school," the man said. Hayden. That was his name.

"Oh! You should've seen what he did on Saturday to a girl in room 68," I glance over at him. He let out a low growl. His ears were still out. He looked more intimidating than he already did.

"Lets go Tanner," He said not trying to make us get into more conflict.

When they left there was silence. I just thought about how mad my mother would be at me. How mad she would be at Hayden if I told her what he did. Then I thought about Mia who probably saw the whole thing. I couldn't imagine her imitations right now. Probably wondering what was going on, if I was ok. Then I thought about Lilly what she could be thinking. I honestly had no idea what she thought. It was about an hour of complete silence. The old man had fallen asleep.

"I'm sorry," Hayden's apology made me almost jump.

"What....?"

"I'm sorry for what I did......"

There was an odd silence.

"And you think I believe you!" I shot back. Yelling, " after what you did on Saturday and All week!"

He looked up at me no words, "She came to us you know, Lilly," He said slowly.

I was confused for a moment, "There is no way!"

Hayden nodded, "She was looking for a pack,"

"A what,"

He rolled his eyes, "With some of the AP students the animals DNA takes over more than in others, Lilly was one of those cases. The wolf side of her wants the protection of a wolf pack," He paused, "In are group we have 3 wolf AP's so we formed a pack out of are group. When she heard word of this she tried to join,"

I paused taking everything in, "So why were you so rough on her?" I ask hoping for a definitive answer.

"She is week, she would not stand a chance in are group, I was just rough on her to show that," I rolled my eyes. That wasn't what I was expecting.

"It's still rude how you acted to my group and Me!" I yell again.

"I'm sorry for that too,"

I rolled my eyes there is no way I would believe him, "yeah right,"

He was silent from then on. What felt like hours later a teacher came in. Explaining that we would go to classes tomorrow, however after classes we would have to put away all of the IP training equipment. This schedule would continue for the week.

"What about AP wouldn't Hayden clean that?"

The man shook his head, "We had another incident recently, another kid is putting away those,"

Then the man left.

"So do you not stay in the same building we do?" I ask him.

"No they try to put all the kids with IP's and all the kids with AP's in separate buildings. However they will move kids who were supposed to get IP's but instead got AP's. Kinda like your sister," He said, sending my mind racing.

"How do you know about her......." I ask angrily.

"I was spying on you at the restaurant on Saturday....."

"WHAT!" I yell getting ready to break the chains and punch him.

"I'm sorry!" He said sincerely, "Look I've realized my mistake, I'm so sorry,"

I was to ferrous to care. So mad I was ready to rip the chains off my hands.

"Please! Three strikes and they could Kill you!"

I paused, Kill me? "what... do you mean..." I looked closer at him, he was crying, "Hayden?"

"Nothing, never mind," he said wiping away tears.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, yeah....."

We sat there in silence again. A teacher finally came in. We were siting there for hours. He told both of us to go to are last class of the day. Witch we both had together.

"Do you guys want me to escort you there?" He asks.

"We are fine," Hayden said.

We left the room. We were the only kids in the building as we walk through the empty hallways. When we finally got out of the building we started to talk again.

"It must be rough getting used to the whole..." He looked at me funny, "yeah know...." I pointed towards his ears.

"Oh!" His ears quickly fell back into hair, "Thanks for reminding me, yeah it took some getting used to,"

"Huh,"

"What about you?" He asked.

"Me?" I thought for a moment, "Well I guess it did. Really you just have to train your mind,"

"That's cool, having a whole knew ability seams like fun," He said.

"Apposed to having a part of you be an animal!" I say, "Lets be honest that's way cooler!"

"Not really," he said.

"Oh yes really!"

We entered the building. Again empty halls. There was a loud squeak coming from the door when we entered the room. Everyone quickly turned there eyes to us. I ran past Hayden into a seat next to Bella. She hugged me tightly.

Then whispered, "Did he hurt you? Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine, really my only punishment is that I have to clean up all of are training equipment," I said, "oh also I see him every day," I point over to Haden. Bella giggles quietly.

Honestly I didn't think it would be that bad. He seemed nicer, but I was not letting my guard down so easily.

When class was over we went back to the room to chill, "So how was detention?" Lyndsey asked as she plopped down on her bed.

"They strapped me to a chair facing Hayden, five feet away," I say, everyone's eyes grew wide. I started laughing, "oh yeah his name is Hayden,"

I look over at Lyndsey. She had her eyes deadlocked on me, "What do you think made him cry?"

"What?"

"He cried in detention, what about," she read my mind again. I couldn't get it out of my mind about how he cried.

"I-I don't know....." I said, "I'll try to bring it up tomorrow and figure it out,"