Headmaster

I️ sat in the cold room. Feeling a chill of loneliness running down my spine. Even though Bella sat right next to me. A foot away,on her bed. She was snuggled in her fluffy pink blanket that she had brought from home. She was listing to music through her watch.

We were the only ones up in the room, Lyndsey had fallen asleep an hour ago. I️ was sitting in my white tank top and shorts. I️ looked down at my wrist reading 1:37 as the screen lit up.

Yet I️ wasn't tired, so much was happening way to fast and it all hit me at once. I️ kept going back to yesterday. And my mind feeling as if it had gone blank when I️ was with Hayden. It was an odd feeling. Like something just hit you, and you keep telling yourself it's not true, but. You believe it more and more the longer you let it take control.

I️ curled up into a little ball on my bed. Feeling as if I️ had lost. In a way that couldn't really be described. I️ felt hurt. I️ felt broken. I️ felt cheated. I️ felt lied to, and every science I️ came here I️ feel like I️ have been. Everything that has happened, to me personally or to the whole school, has been a lie.

I️ kept asking who would be next to lie to me. Mia? My mom? Hayden? I️ tried to sleep, but every time my eyes just popped back open. I️ needed a walk.

I️ pulled on my soft jacket and slowly walked out the door. I️ walked around the hallway of bedrooms, about twice. Before I️ caught glance of a glass door leading outside the building. Snow. It was snowing.

I️ smiled slightly, a small drop of snow hit a hand, that suddenly appeared. I️ looked up at the face, I️ recognized the tall blond figure walking up.

Tanner. He stoped as we made eye contact. I️ looked deep into his green eyes. I️ turned to face the door. As he slowly walked inside. A gust of cold air came through the door as he opened it.

"Hey..." He spoke softly as the door closed.

I️ looked down at my flip flops, "Hey."

There was a moment of silence, "Look. None of this... It wasn't-"

"Your a really bad liar..." I️ cut him off with a smirk and a small laugh, "I️ thought I️ was in love. With this tall guy who, despite his good looks, is very geeky! And really dose not know how to talk to girls..." I️ looked up at him strait in the face, it pained me to see him, but he felt so calming.

I️ reached out and touched his hands, his fingers slid past mine, soft and smooth, as we looked deep into each others eyes.

"Taylor. It was an accident, We just... well... I️..."

"I'm not here for excuses..." I️ said again, looking away from his face, then looking back up, "It really hurts, but your obviously more in love with her than you will ever be with me..."

I️ felt tears come forward, but I️ didn't let them slip pass. But it only took a few seconds before I️ broke. I️ started to walk away, only to grip my hand tight.

"That's not true Taylor!" He stepped closer to me.

I️ paused looking back at him, "Yeah okay, what happened?"

He starred at me hard. A deep stare, "She kissed me. I️ told her not to! I️ said stop!"

He kept talking, but I didn't hear him, blocked out by my own ignorance. This wasn't him, this wasn't Lyndsey, this wasn't anyone else, this was Bella. I️ felt torn. I️ felt broken.

"Taylor!" Tanner was now standing right in front of me holding my face. I️ felt his soft hands against my cheek. His love enraptured my heart of his beauty. The snow falling slower and faster outside. A small light shining through.

Then I️ thought for a moment, I️ broke though my blindness, "But you didn't stop it. You may have said no, but it still happened... and you didn't hold back..."

"How do you know..." He said looking deep into my eyes again.

I️ smirked, "I️ know you... I've seen the way you to talk. And flirt..." I️ let my face slowly fall out of his hands as I️ turned around and walked down the hall. My feet slowly hitting the ground below me, echoing. I️ heard the door, close behind me. And I️ broke again. I️ crashed against the wall, sliding down, and letting the pain flow out. I️ had a chance... why didn't I️ take it?

I️ woke up the next morning feeling broken still, but better. I️ guess sometimes you have to just let it all out. I️ changed into skinny jeans and a fluffy jacket, to block out the cold.

I️ can't remember if I️ ever got sleep last night. I️ think after I️ cried for a little bit, I️ went back to the room and slept for three or so hours. My eyes felt like they were being pulled down, and I️ was only half awake, but I️ made it through the first part of the day.

By lunch I️ didn't want to eat. I️ wanted to talk to Mia. Who I️ hadn't seen in forever, and wanted to make sure she was okay. I️ walked into the crowded lunch room, looking down, and searching at the same time.

I️ looked across the hall, sporting the small 4th grader sitting with her friends. I️ spotted a man start to walk up to them, tall and older. I️ watched as he tapped Mia on the shoulder then she grabbed her hand and they walked out of the large room.

I️ jumped out of the lunch line and teleported to the doors, just as they swung in front of me, and I️ bolted through. I️ saw them walk down the hall, Choosing my moves carefully. I️ fallowed with a lose fallow, acted like I️ was lost or on my way to the bathroom.

I️ saw them turn into a large set of double doors. I️ peaked in through it seeing a large room, with a tall man sitting behind the large desk. He resembled Tanner.

I️ listened in as they sat Mia down in the chair in front of the desk, "Hello Mia." His deep deep voice boomed over the room.

She didn't say anything back. A trick she learned for year of putting up with a drunk father.

"Well you know you can't do that anymore..." he smiled slightly, "Or there will be serous punishment..."

I️ heard her shift in her chair, and a chill ran down my back...