Defeated

Tanner reaches out his hand, as I feel my cheeks blush red. I reach out to take it and as soon as my hand touches his I feel a jolt of energy, then a sharp shock. "Ugh!" I jump back as the shock of energy runs up my arm.

"Taylor?" He runs to help me up, "Are you okay?"
I nod and then look down to my hand. A cut was placed in the palm of my hand. Tanner pulled back slightly and placed his hand over his moth.

"Could I maybe get a bandaid?" I laughed softly, looking up at Hayden. He raced back inside the house to get bandage.

"What happened?" Hannah's voice echos across the porch, "where did that cut come from?" She helped me up off the floor, while I continue to run my finger over the deep wound. Wincing slightly.

"I don't know, I just set my hand on his and it cut it!" She looked up at Tanner, and Tanner starred back at her.

"Taylor..." Hannah said softly, "That cut didn't come from Tanner..."

I look at her with a confused smile, "Then what did it come from?"

Tanner and Hannah looked back and forth at each other for a couple seconds. Hannah rolled up her sleeve to reveal a scar along her right shoulder. She looked up at Tanner, and Tanner revealed a cut in the same exact spot.

"What dose that have to do with my cut?" I asked slowly.

Tanner spoke up, "Once in the laboratory, Hannah got a cut..." he paused, "And then I got a cut as well..."

The realization cut into my head, "You don't think..."

Hayden walked back out with the bandage. Wrapping it around my hand slowly I thought for a moment.

"We have to go back..." I said slowly.

"No! This has to be a trap!" Lindsey chimed in, "Think about it!"

"I agree with Lindsey..." Hayden said finishing the wrap. "There's no way they want us out here."

"Please! Guys she's my sister!" I pleaded with them. I looked over at Tanner.

He sighed, "Guys we have to go back..." he said slowly, "Mia's her sister..."

I smiled glad that he agrees with me, "Please..."

    "Tay," Lindsey chimed in from across the porch. "Can we talk?"

     I nodded and looked back at her as we walked inside and sat at the table, "I don't think you should trust Tanner..."

     "Lindsey! What?" I laugh slightly confused. However she looked serious.

     "Something isn't right..." she said slowly.

     "Oh so your just jealous now?" I snapped.

     "What?" She jumped, "No! That's not what I'm saying! I just can't get in his head!"

     She grabs my hands but I pull away, "What are you doing!"

     She looks concerned and shocked, "What so you just trust anyone now! What happened to the Taylor I met!" She yelled, standing up.

     "I've learned to trust you!" I stand up to meet her eyes, "What's so wrong! Your just jealous!"

     "Fine if you trust him, you leave..."  she says crossing arms. Hannah walks in a freezes. I quickly grab Hannah's hand and pull her back outside. To see everyone else fighting.

    "Tanner," I say to stop the fighting.

     I start to walk off the porch into the thick forest. We start to run in as Hannah turns into her fox from, and jump on.

     A few minutes into the ride Tanner speaks up, "Wait." He holds his hands tight, "The closer we get I can feel my power coming back!"

   "Everyone hold on..." I saw tightly and hold Tanners hand. I nod and we both closed our eyes. I feel a wind and then a burst. I open my eyes and we are standing before the campus that hurt her.

     "Let's go..." I say quickly. And Hannah charges towards the main offices. I hold back my anger, as we storm in the doors.

     The halls where weirdly empty. As we walk towards the bosses door. The smell of blood and smoke collide. Hannah turns back into her human form and falls to the floor.

     "Stay here..." I whisper slowly as I open the door. No one sat at the big oak desk.

     I step slowly into the room. Tanner clutches my hand and then let's go. I turn around quickly and the doors close on me. I step back.

     "Hello Taylor..." I turn around quickly, to face a tall man with a large smirk. I jump back into the doors quickly.

     "Tanner!" I yell as the man closes in on me. He grabs me by the arm. I try to grip my way out and he clutches tighter, I scream. As he throws me into a clear box. And closes the door.

     "Come I'm son!" He pulls open the door for him, Tanner steps through, holding Hannah in his arms, "Oh no..."

     "She's passed out..." I yell. I try to teleport out and I hit the box, "Tanner! Help!"

    "I'm sorry Taylor" he says softly. He sets Hannah down in a nearby chair. She slowly shakes her awake. She rubs her eyes then reaches out for the man to hold her.

    He reaches down to hug her, "I'm sorry you had to go through that dear..." He talks softly. I lean against the back wall of the cage in tears. Lindsey was right.

     He nods towards Tanner. Tanner teleports out. Then back in holding a short small girls hand. Mia, "Don't touch her!" I yell violently, but no one can hear me. They aren't dazed by it.

     "Where going to fix this okay..." The man says softly. He turns towards Mia and I yell again.

     Mia turn into her cat form, and quickly scurries out of Tanners hands, "Grab her!" He yells. Tanner leaps out to catch the cat. She jumps to the top of a bookshelf.

     Tanner leaps out again. I press my hands against the heavy glass, "She will just keep running!" Tanner says.

     "Then pull it from her now! She will be a cat, but we can save Hannah!" He yells violently. I burst into tears and pound against the glass.

    Tanner pulls out a large surnge, he leaps one finale time towards Mia and manages to hold her down. He stabs the surnge into her side and pulls out a clear liquid. The animal IA. Mia passes out as he quickly hands the surnge to his father.

     He places it into Hannah's arm and Hannah screams a loud scream. I watch as the white liquid runs up and down her veins.

    I stand defeated.