☞ 0.6

dear diary,

i was so embarrassed after yoongi witnessing my breakdown.

he tried to approach me the next day at school but i just kept my gaze on the floor and sped up my pace. he got the message and didn't speak to me.

i kinda felt bad, but i knew he just pitied me. he saw me as a helpless little girl that was alone, and maybe i am just that but i don't need his help.

i hate this.

areum.

_______________

the bell rang, signaling it was lunch time. i gathered my things and quickly hurried to hide in the bathroom since yoongi sat directly behind me.

i didn't want him to follow me.

i waited in there for a few more minutes before i wandered into the gymnasium, sighing in relief when it was empty.

i sat up against the wall before pulling my sketchbook out of my bag, along with my vanilla milk.

my dyed-blue bangs fell in front of my eyes as i focused on my drawing -- just a simple anime version of me.

i barely noticed when the door opened and someone wandered in and sat in front of me.

can you guess who it is?

yeah, we all can unless you're thick.

"hi."

i jumped (probably for the tenth time in front of him) and tried to steady my heart rate.

i looked up at him through my bangs expectantly, pushing my glasses further up my nose.

"hi yoongi," i mumbled before i looked back down at my drawing.

"you don't have to be embarrassed about last night," he frowned, tilting his head to the side.

i let out a sigh as i frowned. "it's not just embarrassment, yoongi, it's about pity. i don't want nor need your pity."

"i know it probably seems like that, areum, but i promise you i'm not doing this out of pity," yoongi tried to reason.

"then why the fuck are you talking to me," i asked flatly as i stared him down.

"because i know what you're going through."

i actually laughed. "you?! how in the hell should you know?!! you're the most outgoing person ever and if you even think for one moment you know what i'm going through, you're just lying to yourself."

and with that, i stormed out of the gym.