~ Chapter 2: The First Day ~

It was finally the First day of the Grand Magic Games.

"The big day is finally here folks! The Grand Magic Games will be getting underway shortly! This is going to be a year to remember!"

---

"We're probably going to miss the first day," Shiro stated.

Akiko nodded, walking at a steady pace as she headed to the next time. "Most likely," she agreed.

The white snake reminisced "I heard that this year's game consisted of a preliminary round. Apparently 113 teams had entered this year. They're trying to bring it down to a measly eight."

"Oh," she mused, raising an eyebrow. "Interesting. Let's hope Fairy Tail manages to squeeze their way in as the top eight. Being last for so many years can rub off onto you."

"You can say that again," the snake hissed, amused.

---

"We're just moments away from the start of the Grand Magic Games, folks. I'm lead commentator, Chapati Lola," the said man announced. "And I'll be handling the play by play while Mr Yajima provides commentary," Chapati explained. "Mr Yajima, please to have you with us here, sir."

"Glad to be here," Yajima said.

"And don't forget our guest. A member of Blue Pegasus and holds the current title of Miss Fiore, the Ravishing Jenny Realight."

"Blue Pegasus is bringing the gold home this year!" The blond-haired woman said with a smile.

"Now, the time has come to meet our competitors!" The Fairy Tail team entered the arena. "First in eighth place, a bunch of wild wizards in Magnolia! They have passed the prelims, and are swearing to take back first place by force!" Chapati said. "Fairy Tail!"

Boos and insults were thrown at the Fairy Tail wizards. Clearly, no one liked them.

"Who would've thought they would make it this far after losing every year! Earning a spot in the prelims was not one small feat for them!" Chapati said, amazed. "Will the Tenrou Team's sensation return help them become Fiore's greatest guild?"

"I'm proud of 'em! Wait a go kiddos!" Yajima said, smiling as the Fairy Tail teams tried to stay strong despite the insults. "Now get out there and show 'em what you can do!"

The Fairy Tail guild started cheering like crazy. Master yelling "Cheer until you bust a lung!"

Those cheers of their guildmates amped up the Fairy Tail team's morale greatly - after a few laughs from seeing Master Mavis, the first master, cheering along with them.

"Next up is the team that came in seventh place in the prelims! The rowling army of hell house! Quatro Cerberus!" The said guild entered the arena, cheers were heard from the crowd.

"And coming in sixth, is the guild filled to the brim with the fair essex! The maidens of the great blue sea! Mermaid Heel!" The members in said guild entered the arena with a splash.

"In fifth place! The two wings that glimmer in the darkness! Is Blue Pegasus!" The flirtish guild team entered the arena.

"Next in fourth place, the goddess of love and strife! The sacred destroyer! Lamia Scale!" The said guild entered the arena.

"And now to introduce our third place participants! What, a, shocker!" Chapati said, seemingly to be surprised. "Swooped in with a midnight dreary! The gloomy bunch are making their debut in this year's game! Give it up for Raven Tail!"

This guild entered the arena, receiving shouts and angry insults from Master Makarov as he realised what is going on. The guild received silence from the audience as no one have heard of them before. After some clear up, it was found out that Raven Tail was recently turned into an official guild, no more of a dark one. Although, it was discovered that Raven Tail was the one that attacked Wendy Marvell, who is now in the infirmary and have been switched out with Elfman.

"Hold on! We still have two teams who have passed the qualifying rounds!" Chapati said, breaking the tension. "Our first place runner up is... Oh! Wow, what a surprise! This year's competition has gotten a whole lot more interesting! It's Fairy Tail Team B!"

The said team entered the arena with a lightning show. Revealing the members to be...

"Big sis?"

"Gajeel?"

"Juvia?"

"And Laxus? How is that fair?"

Things were just getting heated up in the Grand Magic Games now.

"And last, but certainly not least the team who came in first place in the preliminaries! That's right! You know them, you love them! Now get on your hands and knees and scream for the best guild in all of Fiore! The one and only, Sabertooth!"

The current best guild in Fiore entered the arena with pride, honour and cockiness. Natsu said "I can't wait to bring them down."

"Why so serious? It's just a game," Sting said mockingly.

"Is there a reason you keep gawking, pretty boy?" Gajeel asks, pissed off.

Rogue replied "Nothing important."

With that, the rules were explained by none other than the commentator, Chapati Lola.

---

Blood splattered to the ground as the large monster fell to the ground. Akiko sighs, before sheathing her blades into her sheaths. Her black hair shone a dark chocolate brown colour in the sun's light as it swayed in the wind. She looked at the sky, before saying "Shiro, let's go and get our pay."

"Alright!" replied Shiro, slithering up her arm as she began walking towards the village.

She arrived at the town, the mayor repeatedly bowing in gratitude at her. "Thank you so much, we'll always be in your debt, Ice Serpent!"

Akiko waved the man off, shaking her head slightly. She said in a quiet, calm voice "It's fine. And please, just call me Akiko."

"You are so polite! Please," the mayor took out a few more joules. "Take some of these as our gift of thanks!"

"But--"

"Please!'

The black-haired female sighs internally, before taking the money from the mayor coolly. She bowed to him, and said "I'll see you later then, Mayor. I must be on my way now."

"I understand, Ice Ser--I mean, Akiko. May I ask you something before you go?" He asks

She nods slightly. His eyes lighten up, he asks "Are you entering the Grand Magic Games?"

"Yes, as a reserve member - I am coming in a little late," she said.

"I'll be sure to cheer you on then, Akiko!" The mayor smiled. "Now please take care."

She bowed once more to the mayor as a sign of respect, before leaving the town towards the City of Crocus - a 12 hour trip before she could see her friends once more.

---

The game has been chosen, it is named 'Hidden.' The participants for this game are: Juvia Lockser of Fairy Tail B, Beth Vanderwood of Mermaid Heel, Yeager of Quatro Cerberus, Nalpudding of Raven Tail, Even Tilm of Blue Pegasus, Rufus Lore of Sabertooth, Lyon Vastia of Lamia Scale and finally, Gray Fullbuster of Fairy Tail A.

And the games have begun.