~ Chapter 45: Home ~

"Check it out, everyone! Sting and Rogue are back!"

"So are Lector, Frosch and Shiro!"

Akiko lifted up her head.

"And one more, Lady Minerva is with them!"

The black-haired female sighed, before standing up and walking over to the group. She opened up her arms, saying "Welcome back, Minerva."

Minerva began to cry, before hugging Akiko back, saying "Yeah, it's good to be back."

"M'Lady has returned!"

"Yeah!"

She stroked Minerva's head, comforting her as she cried her heart out. Sting whined "Hey, how come you greet her with a hug but not your own boyfriend?"

"I saw you not too long ago, don't start whining," Akiko pointed out. "Besides, Minerva needs a hug more than you do. She's been gone way longer than you have."

Sting began to grumble things under his breath in a somewhat whiny tone, sitting down at a random table.

After some time, Minerva had stopped crying and asks "So, you two are dating?"

"Yeah, you could say that," Akiko replied, glancing over to the whiny Sting - who was glaring at Minerva.

Minerva laughed, and said "You should go comfort him, I think you hurt his feelings. I'm fine now."

"If you say so," Akiko said, before walking over to Sting who were being comforted by Lector, and oddly enough, Shiro.

She spread out her arms, and said "You want a hug now?"

Sting wasted no time in engulfing her in a hug and placing a passionate kiss on her lips. The guild cheered as her face slowly turned red, but she didn't hesitate to kiss him back as her eyes slowly closed. They pulled away for air, Sting leaned his forehead on hers.

He said "Don't you ever pull a stupid stunt like that ever again."

"Which stunt are we talking about?" Akiko asks.

The guild laughs. Lector said "Probably all of them."

Akiko puffed up her cheeks, while Sting laughs and hugs her from behind. She mutters "Not all of them are stupid, I don't think any of them were stupid - I should be telling you that."

"That's probably true," Shiro hissed. "You do twice as many stupid things as many times as Akiko trips. She's pretty clumsy."

"Clumsy?" Everyone looked at Akiko, who frowned.

"I'm not clumsy," she stated, crossing her arms.

Sting asks "Are you sure we're talking about the same person?"

Shiro nodded. "She's just good at not showing how clumsy she is in front of people."

"Well, she's doing a good job of hiding it," Lector said, crossing his arms.

The blonde laughs, resting his chin on Akiko's shoulder. "Whatever. It's not like that's going to change anything," he stated.

Akiko blushes slightly, starting to feel slightly embarrassed. "Just shut up," she said, smashing his face into the ground and stalking off.

Their guildmates laugh at the couple. Yukino said "Those two always know how to liven things up, now don't they?"

"Agreed," Rufus said, watching in amusement. "I believe they'll last for a long time."

"Or forever," Yukino added.

Minerva said "That's true."

Sting lifted up his head, bits of dirt on his face from being smashed into the ground. "Ow~ Why does she always have to do that?" He mumbles to himself. "Hey Akiko! Wait up!"

I always thought I would be alone for all my life. Only travelling around the world to repent for the sins that I've made.

"Shut up!" She shouted. "Don't follow me!"

The white dragon slayer just laughs, following after her anyway. "You guys take care of Lector and Shiro, I'm going after Akiko."

"I said don't follow me!"

But I guess I was proven wrong. Just maybe, I can be happy too.

"Where are you going, Aki?" Sting asks as he follows after her.

She didn't answer, she just kept walking until she found herself looking over the whole city with a rail in front of her to prevent her from going over a cliff. She leaned on the handrail, staring at the Saber statue on the Sabertooth guild hall.

Sting asks "Is something wrong?"

Instead of answering, she asks "Ne Sting, if I were to get lost, what would you do?"

"What kind of question is that?" He asks, hugging her from behind. "If you got lost, I would go find you and bring you back no matter what."

A small smile came to her lips as she leans her head back on him. "I should've expected an answer like that. You're such a simpleton."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Sting asks, comically pissed but was caught off when Akiko turned around and wrapped her arms around his waist.

Akiko said in a soft tone "Then I trust you to bring me back, I'll leave it to you."

The blonde blushed slightly and hugged her back, mumbling "Idiot. I'll never let you get lost."

Yeah, I can be happy. With him by my side, there is nothing to fear. As long as he's here with me, and the rest of the guild, I'll be fine. I just know it.

"I love you, Sting," Akiko muttered quietly.

Sting looked at her surprised, before hugging her back. "I love you too, Aki. I really do."

I wish these happy times would last forever, but I know that won't happen. This is a world full of magic, conflict is bound to happen.

But just for now, right now, I'll enjoy the happy times I have. Because I have a home now.

And that home is Sabertooth.