~ Chapter 27: Bored ~

Akiko was sitting at a table, a frown on her face. Orga asks "Is something wrong, Akiko? You've had that face for awhile now."

"Tch."

"She's just pisesd off she can't go on a job," Shiro hissed. "Sting's not allowing her to go on job's, Master Makarov told him not to let her go on long journeys otherwise having her join Sabertooth would be completely useless."

Rufus said "Oh, I see... You are Ice Serpent after all. I've heard you've traveled to many places in your line of work. You've become pretty famous for your services. I've memorised all of them."

Shiro hissed "No doubt about that. It's too bad that she's only allowed to use no more than a quarter of her powers unless told otherwise."

"A quarter?" Orga asks. "You mean she used a quarter in the Grand Magic Games?"

Akiko nodded slightly in response to Orga's answer. Shiro said "For most of it, the only time she used almost her full power was the third event, that was about three quarters of her power."

"You have got some serious power there," Orga said. "I'm glad you're on our side. That probably makes us one of the most powerful guild now."

Rufus said "I agree. You're probably our powerhouse in the guild now, with this new information."

The black-haired female mutters "Doesn't matter if I can't go on a job. Stupid Sting. What the bloody hell is he doing anyway?"

Rogue came walking in, replying "He's doing some paperwork, since he is Guildmaster after all, there are a few things he needs to take care of."

Lector said "Poor guy has stacks of paper on his desk, he'll be there for hours."

"And if it weren't for Sting, I would already be on a job," Akiko murmured under her breath.

Rogue raised an eyebrow at her foul mood. Shiro hissed "She'll be like this for awhile. She's used to doing jobs left and right. Rarely takes a break. It's practically her drug of keeping her occupied."

Rufus asks "Don't you do anything apart from jobs?"

She thinks about it, before replying "Sometimes I write songs."

Orga said "Kind of a given since you sing a lot. Why not write some songs to pass the time?"

"Better than doing nothing, I suppose," Akiko muttered, sitting up properly.

"I think so too!" Frosch agreed.

She pulled out a list of something. Rogue asks "What's this?"

She replied "Requests of what some songs should be about. I receive a lot of them."

Lector took a look, and said "Wow, you've done a lot of 'em... But it looks like you did all the sad songs and leave the happy ones on the list. Why's that?"

"No particular reason," Akiko replied. "Someone do me the honour of picking a suggestion."

"I wanna do it!" Frosch said, taking the list from Lector. "Hmm... This one!"

He placed his paw on one of the suggestions, she took a look and sighs. "Alright then, Frosch," she muttered.

Upon hours later of Rufus, Olga, Rogue, Lector and Frosch watching her get to work and Shiro sleeping his days away...

"So, why am I doing this?" Akiko asks as she stands on the stage, all the Sabertooth members looking at her.

Rufus said "It's just a way to pass the time. Now sing your heart away."

"I want to see how this song turned out," Orga stated.

She sighs, before tapping the music lacrima. "You asked for it," she muttered.

The music began, her voice entering on cue and her dance movements moving in rhythm of the music.

MAKE US FREE the SPLASH held back within

Basking in the CONTRAST of what had been

FEEL SO FREE like wind blowing to you

Diving into this BRAND NEW BLUE (yeah)

The Sabertooth members began cheering loudly. Excitement filling the room. This kind of song was a cheerful, dancing kind of song that everyone would particularly appreciate.

Tell it as you feel to SAY! SAY! SAY! (a-oh)

Do it how you like and KICK! KICK! KICK! (a-oh)

Grasp it if you can so PULL! PULL! PULL! (a-oh)

Seems like we can reach the DEEP! DEEP! DEEP!

SPLASH FREE

---

Sting scratched his head, glaring at the paperwork in front of them. Stupid paperwork. I could be spending my time with Akiko but no~, he growled lowly, only to stop as he heard voices coming from the guild hall.

"Are they having a party without me?" He half-shouted.

Until there are no unshakable days (shakable days)

BACK & FILL a BUTTERFLY

There's no way to find out if we succeed (in the future)

We can worry as we go (so take it easy, ah)

Wet your fingers till (water covers everything)

An overflowing emotion (drink till you quench your thirst)

Feelings that you can't ignore (a-oh) your passion burning for

A new freedom, give me more!

He froze slightly. Wait, I know that voice... It's Akiko! She's singing a cheerful song? I can't miss this! He opened the door of the office door, and ran off to the guildhall. He arrived in time to hear her and see her sing and dance to the last verse of the song.

MAKE US FREE the SPLASH held back within

Hidden in the CONTRAST of what had been

Let the never-ending hot summer

Wake our dreams till they start to stir (yeah)

Tell it as you are to SAY! SAY! SAY! (a-oh)

Stretch your arms to reach the DEEP! DEEP! DEEP!

SPLASH FREE

Akiko sighed, sweating slightly. The guild cheering loudly. Her eyes landing on familiar blue ones. She said, recognising who it was "Sting? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be working?"

"I was," he said, a smirk coming to his lips. "But I heard a beautiful voice singing something unusual and decided to investigate," a small smile came to her lips but it quickly faded as an evil thought came to her mind.