~ Chapter 3: Battles of Climbing ~

Akiko stared at the city of Crocus from the highest point of a mountain, her eyes specifically glued to one area. The Domus Flau. She crouched down slightly as she noticed something in the middle of the arena, a small replica version of Crocus.

"It seems the games have begun," Shiro stated, noticing where she was staring at.

She nodded in agreement. "It seems so. Should we watch from up here or continue on our way?" She asks her companion.

The white snake ponders on the idea, before shaking his head. "No, Master Makarov wants us to be there early as possible. If we wait, we'll get there by the end of the second day," he reasoned.

She thinks about it, before nodding. "Suppose so," she muttered, before mumbling something under her breath.

She stood up and jumped off the cliff, an ice staircase forming underneath her to cushion her fall. Then, she began to walk down the ice stairs.

"We should grab a hoodie when we get down there," Shiro suggested. "Don't want to draw any unwanted attention. We can't catch them by surprise if we don't."

A smile came to the girl's lips. "Of course."

---

The first game was over. The two Fairy Tail teams fighting for last place, while Sabertooth took first. It was time for the Battle rounds. The rules were simple, the winners receive 10 points and the losers receive no points. Ties equal to five points each. However, unlike the game events, the committee of the Grand Magic Games gets to decide who fights against who.

"Our very first match of today's Grand Magic Games will be testing the abilities of Fairy Tail A's zodiac wielder, Lucy Heartfilia, against the crimson intensity, Raven Tail's Flare Corona!"

The winner was Flare Corona. However, it was not a fair fight as Flare had used Asuka, the child of Alzack and Bisca, as a hostage. Along with that, she had outside help to avoid the strong magic spell that Lucy had casted with Gemini by one of her own members. To put it simply, Flare had cheated to win her fight against the blonde female.

---

Around this time, Akiko was still walking down her ice staircase, not even reaching halfway yet. "This is such a long walk, right Akiko?" asks Shiro.

Akiko rolled her eyes. "Says the one that isn't walking," she said, jokingly.

Shiro hissed at her, before closing his eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

---

"It's Blue Pegasus's Ren Akatsuki vs. Mermaid Heel's Arana Webb. Will the playboy get tangled up?

The winner was Ren Akatsuki, however, it did not go unnoticed that Ren and Sherry Blendy of Lamia Scale were engaged.

---

"It's time for the third match of Day 1! Quatro Cerberus's Warcry vs. Sabertooth's Orga Nanakia! The match begins.... Now!"

It wasn't much of a fight in this round, it was over in just one move conducted by Orga - Warcry didn't even have a chance against him. The big bulky man was the winner of that match. He even gave a little rap performance for the crowd, just because he had defeated his opponent in such a small amount of time.

---

"Ok folks! Are you ready? The final match of the first day is going to be.... Fairy Tail B's, Mystogan! vs. Lamia Scale's Jura Neekis!"

It was silent for just an instant, before roars of cheers were heard from the audience - most of them were for Jura. Clearly, he was the most favoured in the audience.

The winner was Jura Neekis of Lamia Scale. Oddly enough, the fight wasn't won in the ordinary way. It started off in the traditional, fighting way, however, near the end, when Mystogan was about to perform a large scaled attack. He just stopped, holding his mouth and saying how hot it felt physically, then began laughing like an idiot and basically passed out from laughter. Everyone was disappointed in the least in how the fight went, but nonetheless cheered for their favoured wizard, Jura.

---

Akiko sighs before jumping onto the side of the mountain cliff, the ice path she had created disappearing in a heartbeat. She didn't want to use up so much magic before she could even enter the games. She was about halfway down the mountain now, but still had quite a ways to go before she could even speak with the master. It was near midnight.

"I don't know why you don't just fly us down. Make life easy," she mumbled to herself, slightly irritated.

Shiro didn't reply. As expected from her since he was asleep, making her do all the hard work. "You better be grateful for this," she muttered, annoyed at her own partner.

---

Back to the Fairy Tail members, they were partying away for the loss like there was no tomorrow. Oh how Akiko would've love to join them in the partying, but unfortunately, she's stuck climbing down a mountain just to reach the City known as Crocus.