Chapter Four

CHAPTER  FOUR

Since she had come home for just the weekend, she had to fly back to New York two days later and completed her remaining two weeks. Her script was selected to be performed and things began to look up. She decided not to give in to all the pain she was feeling, she blotted Kobe out of her mind and did what she had to do, work on making her dreams a reality. The play was a success, it was performed in theatres by the agency she had been working for and soon people were making more demands to see the play. It was a complete success and a she decided to turn it into a novel. A movie house gave her a call asking if she would love to see her play made into a movie. She was so excited and of course said 'she'd give them a call' but that was only not to sound so desperate, it was unprofessional she had been told. She called them back two days later to consent to it and that was an amazing achievement for her Selasi and the girls decided to celebrate her newest achievement.
"Gee girlfriend you are going to be a star" Selasi sang hugging her friend tightly.
"She already is" Courtney corrected.
"Who is up for the club?"
"The club?, seriously Selasi?"
"Yeah, it's high time you got your head out of your halo St Denise"
She teased, pinching Deni's nose.
"You are crazy" Deni laughed.
"Come on its not a bad idea"
"No way, I'm going home, I've had a long day and…."
"The hell you are" Selasi said and grabbed her hand, Courtney grabbed the other and they pulled her towards Selasi's car.
"You do realize this is kidnapping"
"You're a grown ass woman joor" Selasi said and Courtney giggled.
"I'm going to scream" They reached the car and Selasi opened the door, they tried pushing her in but Deni wouldn’t go in, they tried all they could but Deni did everything she could to not enter. Selasi began to tickle her. She laughed out so loud they all began to laugh.
"Help! Help! I'm being kidnapped" She screamed and they all laughed. People passing by watched the three ladies being silly, some laughed at the sight of Deni spreading her legs to avoid being thrown in.
"Courtney head first" Selasi instructed.....They turned and tried to get her head in first but Deni hopped unto Selasi…at this point all three were hysterical. They spent almost fifteen minutes just being silly at the parking lot of the mall, laughing and being childish.
"Deni I'm tired, enter the car"
"Who goes to the club at six pm anyway?"
"We do" Courtney answered and began to tickle her.
She laughed so loud.
"Okay okay okay I'll get in……I give up"
"Victory!" Selasi jumped and high fived Courtney, all three were panting heavily.
"You both are so crazy" Deni laughed.
Courtney got in and so did Selasi who took the driving seat.
"You know I can….." Before she completed her statement Selasi locked all the doors and Deni laughed.
"You just read my mind didn't you?"
"The hell I did" Selasi laughed.
"Witch!"
Deni said and they all laughed as she started the car and sped off.
"How about we get a bottle of wine and celebrate like civilized women do, huh?"
"No way girlfriend, you are so getting grinded tonight" Selasi said.
"You both planned this didn't you"
They both laughed in answer. Deni screamed and lay down on the backseat throwing a tantrum.
"You can chew the seat up if you want" Selasi laughed.
"I should have killed you before you took the wheel"
They did take her to the club, it was so loud and noisy and dark inside it made her dizzy.
"Gosh how do you survive in a place like this?" She screamed in order to be heard.
"You dance, come on" Soon all three were drinking up and dancing their hearts out. When they were exhausted they decided to get more drinks.
This was Deni's chance to drown herself in alcohol so she wouldn’t have to think about all the drama in her life when she was finally home alone. After two cocktails, she was completely dazed she could hardly keep her balance but she ordered for more.
"Looks like someone's in the mood"
"I need to get over him, did I tell you he's engaged?"
At that Courtney choked on her drink and Selasi literally sprayed hers out of her mouth on the bartender who was just an arm's reach away from where she sat at the counter.
"What the…."
"Yeah I had….the pleasure of meeting her…..and she's pretty, God she's pretty, you know I felt like a spinach in the midst of roses……"
"You only told us you guys broke up"
"Well, he put the ring on it" She said dazed, showing them her middle finger.
"Its the other one actually but never mind......whaaaat???.....That jerk"
"Yeah, he's a jerk…..but he took me to church" She hiccupped between her words.
"We should ransack the wedding"
"No, let's kill him" Deni said and the bartender shot them a look.
"She doesn’t mean that" Courtney quickly saved the situation.
"He actually introduced you to his fiancée?"
"Nope, I met her at his apartment, she was in his shirt……my favorite one too" She began to cry.
"Aww honey"
"Can we kill him, and her too…..so they won't have pretty babies…right……."
"What's she saying?"
"I don't know but this babe has had enough for one night, we have got to get her ass home before she starts giving the bartender the impression that we make bombs in our backyards or worse, have terrorist boyfriends" Selasi said giving the bartender a cursory look.
"She dropped a note and placed her glass on it,
"Keep the change and your nose if you please, I won't return it the next time I find it in my business" Selasi said to him but he said nothing as he watched the ladies walk away. The two helping Deni keep her balance. She slowed them down but eventually they got her into the car but as soon as she laid on the backseat, she fell asleep and they both wondered how they were going to get her out.

Deni woke up the following morning to an unusual feeling in an unusual bed. She recognized the place to be Selasi's apartment but she didn't remember how she got in. She had a bad headache and a turning stomach. She sat up but as soon as she did, she felt nauseous she managed to make it to the bathroom on time before she started throwing up it took a while but she washed up and joined Selasi in the kitchen.
"Oh hey, how are you feeling?"
"Sick"
Deni noticed she was in nothing but a man's shirt. The sleeves had been rolled up to her elbows.
"Wait a minute, is Neil here……did you guys……Eww, don't touch that, I'm not eating it, God knows what you guys did with your hands" She emphasized the 'your' and Selasi laughed.
"You have a disgusting mind Denise Seymour"
"Whatever just don't make breakfast" Deni pushed her away and took over.
"We didn't do anything Deni you should thank him for carrying your drunk ass in yesterday"
"He carried me in?" She whispered, quite embarrassed.
"Uh huh"
Selasi giggled and grabbed a jar of juice from inside the fridge.
"Jesus!, I hope I didn't say or do anything embarrassing like…..
"Fart?" Selasi completed.
"Oh my God I farted?" She screamed and then covered her mouth, looking to the door to make sure he wasn’t in sight.
"Yes you farted and it stunk, and you called him Kobe, then you tried to kiss him"
"Oh my God" She said with a look that meant she was at the verge of crying. Selasi  began to laugh hysterically.
"Selasi this isn't funny" Deni was serious but Selasi kept laughing.
"I need to disappear before he……" She turned to escape but bumped into Neil in the doorway.
"Whoa, where are you hurrying off to this early?"
"Umm, I'm so sorry about last night"
"It wasn’t a big deal Deni"
"It was I mean I feel embarrassed that your first impression of me is me being a drunk"
"Come on"
"You sure that’s what you are apologizing for?" Selasi laughed so hard she was on the floor.
"What's wrong with you?" Neil asked.
"Umm and for any other embarrassing thing I did"
"What are you talking about, you were fast asleep, you barely said a word"
"I didn't?"
"No, on the contrary its Selasi who kept talking all the way in to the bedroom going on about how to plan a murder I think"
"You told him about Kobe?"
"Well he's my partner in crime, he had to help" She said.
"Really Neil, thanks, you both for letting me sleep over, I should be leaving now"
"Seriously, wait, I didn't mean all that I was just kidding he's right you slept throughout, was just pulling your legs"
"Yeah, that’s pretty much like you but thanks again" Deni said and walked away. Selasi frowned.
"Is she okay?"
"No she's not Neil, she's mad at me" Selasi stood and went after her friend.
She caught up with her right at the door.
"Hey, I'm sorry, I shouldn’t have told him, I was just so mad I kept talking about how stupid he was to let you go that Neil had to ask and I…."
"It's okay, I'm not mad at you"
"Is it the joke, I was only kidding"
"Selasi, I'm not mad, trust me I'm not"
"You sure?" Selasi asked and Deni walked to her and hugged her.
"It would take more than one messed up love story to get me to be mad at you" Deni said.
"You sure you're okay?"
"I am, I'll just go freshen up and catch up with you later in the day, I need to get rid of this hangover"
Selasi smiled.
"Come to think of it, yeah I'm mad at you for getting me drunk"
"Girl, it would take more than two and a half cocktail drinks to get you to be mad at me" They both laughed and hugged each other again.
"Thanks bestie, see ya later" She said and walked out the door.

Lost And Foundजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें