Chapter 3: strange

Your POV

If I didn't know better, I'd almost think this guy is Herobrine. Yeah, minecraft legend. I believe in him, but how on earth could he be here? In the real world?

Yeah, people wright their little fanfics about him going into the real world, but those are all made up. There’s just no way he could. This guy must have just decided to dress like Herobrine and freak people out. Maybe he decided to use his injury to freak people out.

I would totally do that too, I'll be honest.

Then he asks me for the date. What the heck?! Why doesn't he know the date?! Is he just drunk? He seems sober.

"How do you not know the date?" I ask.

He seems annoyed with himself.

"No home." He says. "Can't keep track."

I feel bad for him immediately. I always feel bad for people without homes. My mom always says I'm too nice, that it's their own faults. I don't care. They shouldn't be on the streets like that.

Herobrine's POV

Great. First I almost give away that I'm not normal, now this girl looks like she feels bad for me.

"Uh..." She says awkwardly reaching into her... what do humans call it again? Oh yeah. Purse.

She hands me some of the human money. The green paper that humans are always so unwilling to share. It's rather pointless. It’s only a couple dollars.

"All I've got." She says apologetically. "Sorry."

"Thanks." I say, faking a smile.

She smiles a bit then walks off, waving goodbye.

How strange. I think. A human who takes blame for things that aren't her fault, and isn't stingy with her money.

I decide to follow her. A human like that isn’t something I've seen before... I want to see what I can find out. Maybe she was just feeling generous.

I decide to go invisible, so she doesn't see me. Stalking her probably won't do me any good if she sees me. I don’t want to end up on the news. Notch would remove me in a second.