Chapter 6: bullying

Herobrine's POV

(Y/n) has been sure to keep her side of the bargain. She has her school and all that human stuff, but I don't mind waiting. Whenever she's busy. I go to some random server and mess with people. Sometimes though, I visit the others. When she's out of school, she has my number. She always lets me know by texting me.

I've gotten what little info from Brine that I could. Which wasn't a lot, but he did tell me that she lived in the place the humans call the 'united states.' When I asked (Y/n) where that is, she told me that I'm already in the states. Guess I don't need to teleport to another place and find another guide.

Today, I'm with Three while I wait. We're messing with this one girl, her username is Trishia_D, who thought it would be a good idea to walk into a mineshaft with no weapons or armor. Noob.

As we're sneaking up on them, getting ready to attack him, my phone goes off. (Y/n) must be done at school. The player looks around, confused, and three and I stay perfectly still. Eventually, she brushes it off as her imagination.

"You couldn't have put it on silent?!" Three messages me in the chat.

"Shut up." I message back.

Once we're done messing with that poor girl, Three immediately gets on my case.

"Mute your phone next time! You almost gave us away!" He snaps.

"It was that girl I've been talking about." I respond. "She must be out of school."

"If it happens again, I'm gonna go kill that girl." He says.

"Not until I've found my daughter." I growl. "I need her for now. When this is over, I don't care if you torture her to insanity." Three smiles.

"You should get going. And for her sake, she better hope this doesn't happen again." Three chuckles.

Your POV

I really don't feel like talking to Brian right now. Yes, I've taken to calling him that, since people would think I'm crazy if I were- for example- talking to him on the phone and called him Herobrine.

Today at school, I had a run in with a gang of jerks. These guys for some reason decided it would be fun to bully some random girl they didn't even know. I got out of it relatively ok. A black eye, and a soreness in several areas of my body. Still, bullies or not, I made a deal, and I'm going to keep my end. As long as Brian keeps his end.

When I get home, I sit on my bed. I send Brian a text to feel free to come into my room whenever he's done with whatever he's doing. As I wait, I pull out my makeup. I'm not a makeup freak, I just want to cover up my black eye.

About a minute after I've finished with my makeup, Brian comes into my room through my computer screen. At first, I used to jump when he did this. Now I'm used to it.

"Remind me to put my phone on silent." He says. "You almost gave me away when I was getting ready to scare someone."

"Yeah, whatever." I grumble. Right now, I don't care. I just want today to be over.

Herobrine's POV

Something is off. I can tell immediately. (Y/n) loves to hear about when I stalk people, finds it funny, but today she just sounds like she's done with life.

"Alright, what is it?" I ask.

"What?" She asks, looking confused.

"Something's bothering you." I say. "I can tell. What is it?"

She smiles at me, a smile that is obviously fake. "I'm fine. so what happened when you were stalking that person?"

I grab her chin and turn her head so that I can get a good look at her. I scan her face, looking to see if she's lying. As I do this, I notice something under her left eye. Some kind of powder, the same color as her skin. I wipe it away and am greeted with a black eye.

"Who did it?" I demand.

"I ran into a pole. I was texting while riding my bike." She lies.

"You're not that stupid." I growl.

"Alright." She sighs. "There’s a group of people at my school ok? It’s normal school stuff."

I don't know why, but I suddenly feel very defensive of her. I decide to brush it off as me needing her right now.

"Who?" I demand. She folds her arms stubbornly, refusing to answer. I narrow my eyes at her.

"Why do you care?" She asks. "You kill people all the time."

"In a game!" I practically shout.

"(Y/n)?" A voice calls from outside the room. "Who are you talking to?"

"Just a friend on skype, mom!" (Y/n) calls back immediately. "Having a bit of an argument."

"Can you quiet down? I can hear you all the way downstairs." Her mom says, and I hear her footsteps leaving.

"Yeah, sure!" (Y/n) calls. Once her mom is gone, she sighs, burying her face in her hands.

I decide to find out who the bullies are a different way. Tomorrow, I'm not going to Minecraft. I'm following (Y/n).