Out in the Rain {Andy Dwyer}

It's been about a month and a half since I moved to Pawnee and got a job at the Parks department. Ann had provided a home for me while I looked for an apartment. One day, I noticed that there's a huge pit outside of her house, so I decided to check it out one night. As I was walking over to it, a guy popped his head up, making me jump, my heart pounding against my chest.

"O-Oh my god." I mumbled and the guy came out of the pit, walking over to me.

"I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" He asked and I nod my head, attempting to calm my heartrate.

"Y-Yeah. What are you doing in there?" I ask, looking down into the pit, seeing a tent. "Are you living here? That's awful." I mumble the last part, looking up at the guy.

"Well, it's okay. Um, I'm Andy." The guy put out his hand. I hesitantly shake his hand, smiling at Andy.

"Hi, Andy. I'm Y/N." He smiles, still shaking my hand and I giggle, looking down at our hands before he pulls away, blushing lightly.

"S-Sorry. So, you live with Ann?" His eyebrows furrow together and I nod my head, pressing my lips into a thin line.

"Yeah, just until I can find an apartment. Leslie asked her and Ann said it was fine. I'm pretty grateful. Do...do you want to come in?" I ask, pointing my thumb back at the house.

"Probably not a good idea." Andy mentions and I looked at him confused, wondering why. "Ann is my ex girlfriend and she'll probably kill me if she saw me in there." My lips part, making an 'o' shape, understanding.

"Well, I don't want you to stay out here. It's gonna rain soon a-and I don't just want to leave you out here." I say, sadly, and his eyes light up. "I'll just tell her that it was my idea. She leaves early for work, so if you just stay in my room until about ten am, you should be fine. Please?"

"W-Wow. Um, sorry, I'm a little shocked." I giggle at his nervousness, taking his hand, bringing him into the house. I quietly lead him to my room, closing the door before letting out a breath of relief.

"So, this is my room. I haven't finished unpacking, but I really don't want to stay here for that long." Andy just looks around the room, as I silently check out his features. He's not a bad looking guy. "If you don't mind me asking, but is the reason you live in the pit to keep an eye on Ann?" He looks down at me, shamefully nodding his head.

"Yeah. I wanted to get back with her, but she's with Mark now and honestly, I think I've finally moved on." He smiles and I smile back.

"Aw, I'm glad. Well I mean, you know, I just hope that you're happy. I hate when people are sad." I frown, standing up, grabbing a t-shirt out of my drawer. "You can have the bed and I'll just sleep on the floor." I tell him, about to walk out of the room when he stops me.

"Y/N, I'm perfectly fine with sleeping on the floor. I live in a pit, remember?" He reminds me and I turn around.

"Yeah, but I want you to be comfortable." A smile smile appears on my lips, walking out of the room, going into the bathroom. After I change into my t-shirt, that stops around my thighs. I walk out, finding Ann standing in front of me. I let out a yelp, placing my hand on my heart. "God, Ann. You scared me."

"Y/N? Is everything okay?" Andy asks, coming out of my room and my eyes widen, looking back at Ann, seeing her face contort with anger. "Oh, right. I shouldn't have come out." He begins to walk back when Ann stops him.

"Andy, what are you doing in my house?" She looks from him to me and I decide to speak up.

"I brought him in." I say, walking over to Andy, standing in front of him.