Blind Date {Chris Pratt}

I've had a history of terrible dates, so much that I haven't gone on a proper date in almost two years. There were a few where they stood me up and a few where they were just plain awful, clearly only wanting sex from me. Living in L.A. is basically the worst place to date, because most of guys I've met are egotistical assholes, who only care about themselves.

I started my new job about a month ago at Ocean View Cafe, about an hour from my house. It's the cutest little place near the coast, serving American and Mediterranean cafe that serves a whole variety of different things. I walked into the cafe, seeing Malissa standing next to a table taking a couple's order and I give her a pat on the back as I walk past her into the back room. I put on my work clothes, stuffing my casual clothes into my bag before placing it in my locker.

"I'm surprised you came into work today, with the 4th of July party being last night." Mal told me, crossing her arms as the chefs prepared the food she placed in.

"Yeah, well you know I didn't drink because if I did, I would've done something stupid." I muttered, putting my hair up in a ponytail, glancing over at her.

"Did you have a date?" She asked me, leaning against the wall as I let out a loud sigh, nodding my head.

"Yeah and guess how it went? Absolutely horribly. He left me during the party to hang out with a girl who put out." I sit on a milk crate, sulking as I scratch my neck.

"Well, then he doesn't deserve your time, babe. You gotta find someone who'll treat you right, but also get that flame goin'." I look up at her, smiling.
"I've been trying, but I guess I have shitty taste in guys." I shrug, giving her a hug before I leave the kitchen area, walking out into the restaurant area, beginning to clean the tables.

I could hear the commotion of happy guests that are seated on the patio as I clean up a bit inside. I can see Mal propped up on her elbows on the counter, gazing outside as our guests are occupied.

"Oh! Mal, did you do anything for Fourth of July? I remember you mentioning something about a party." I asked, placing the bottle of cleaner and rag down next to her.

She let out a scoff, shaking her head as she leaned her head on the counter. "Unfortunately, I didn't end up going, because the date I had bailed and I didn't want to be the only one there who didn't have a date, ya know?" I frowned, rubbing one of her shoulders. Mal's always have been in the same boat as me and it's strange that we haven't crossed paths before because we're so alike.

I took a glance outside, noticing a few tables chatting, the food on their plate gone. I walked over to the POS system, printing the two checks before heading outside. I placed the customers checks on the correct tables, taking their plates, and as walk back inside I glance towards the beach, seeing two guys surfing. Holy fuck. I stood still, my eyes never leaving their figures as they walked out of the water, boards in hands, giving each other a high five. One of them has dark chestnut hair, very nice sculpted body, wearing swim shorts that are blue, pink and black. The other guy, my god. He's breathtakingly gorgeous with his chocolate hair, the scruff on his jawline, wonderfully sculpted body and he's wearing dark blue shorts with some flower pattern, which is absolutely adorable. He's so out of my league.

"Y/N?!" Mal yelled, snapping me out of my thoughts as I realize I'm standing by the doorway, staring at the beach, looking like some loon. I look back at Mal, blinking rapidly. "What's got you so distracted that most of our customers have left?" She asked and I looked around, noticing one out of six tables left.

"U-Um, there's these guys." I point towards the beach and she looks towards it, her eyes widening.

"Holy sea biscuits. Those are some hot men." She mentioned and I nodded my head in agreement, my eyes glancing towards them again. "They can definitely ride my waves." She mumbled and I bursted out laughing, almost dropping the dishes.