5 Things {Andy Dwyer}

I've always had trouble with panic attacks, ever since I was a child and experienced traumatizing events with my now separated parents. I haven't had any since I moved to Pawnee. I came here to start a new life, getting away from all the bad people in my life.

I got a job at the parks department and, as I walked into the department, there was a guy who had offered me a shoe shine. I smiled at the cute guy that was currently sitting on a small box, smiling widely at me. I nodded my head shyly, sitting down in the seat in front of him, swallowing visibly, not used to a cute guy such as him talking to me.

"So, are you new here?" He asked me and I nodded my head, picking at my fingers, trying to avoid eye contact. "I thought so." He smiled, glancing down at my shoes before looking back up at me. "I've never seen you here before, so I assumed it was because you were new." He grinned, finishing up my shine and I fish around my wallet, looking for a a five dollar bill to give him when he grabs my wrist, stopping my actions. My eyes stayed on my wrist, my cheeks heating up as I glanced down at him, furrowing my eyebrows. "I want a different form of payment," He mentioned and my heart sped up, thinking that maybe he'd want me to perform some sexual act. "Will you talk, for me? Usually customers can't keep their mouth shut, but you, you haven't said a word."

"That's not what I expected you to ask me" I chuckled nervously, the smile on his lips widening. I stood up and he stood up as well, towering over me.

"Aye, there she is." He chuckled, shaking his head as he stuck out his hand to me. "I'm Andy. What's your name?" He asked and I shyly took his hand in mine.

"Y/N. It's nice to meet you Andy." I smiled, a small blush covering my cheeks as we shook hands. He continued to shake my hand for another minute and I giggle, his eyes on me. "Andy?" I questioned and he snapped out of his thoughts, taking his hand.

"S-Sorry," He mumbled, trying to hide his blush and I smile, taking my lip between my teeth. "We should be friends." He smiled and I nodded my head in agreeance.

It's been almost a year since I first met Andy and I couldn't be any happier. This is the happiest I've been in my entire life and it's all thanks to Andy. He really knows how to make me laugh and smile with his goofiness. We've had nights watching movies in my apartment, talking about everything and anything. Andy doesn't actually know that I have panic attacks and I certainly don't want him to find out, ever. I walked into the parks department, finding everyone having a meeting that I seem late to. I tried to walk in quietly, but the door squeaks and everyone had stopped talking, turning around, staring at me. My heartbeat sped up, not liking all this attention on me as I give a shy wave.

"Morning," I muttered, seeing Andy smiling at me as he walked over to me, pulling me into a hug. I smiled, calming down a little as I rested my hands against his back.

"Morning, Y/N." He smiled, rubbing my lower back as everyone else muttered a good morning. I cleared my throat, still feeling like I don't fit in yet and Leslie walks up to me, handing me a folder, giving me a small smile.

"I'm going to need you to give the presentation that's at three," She stated and I nodded my head before her words sunk in, my eyes widening a bit, looking up at her.

"W-What? I-I mean, am I the right person for that?" I questioned and she furrowed her eyebrows at me, confused, nodding her head. I tried to tell her that I couldn't do it, but she wasn't listening and walked away from me. My hands started to shake, glancing at the folder in my hands, sitting down at my desk. I'm so fucked. I looked over at the clock, seeing that it's already two o'clock, and I begin to freak out a bit. An hour?! I have an hour to be able to pull myself together and give a presentation. I was lost in my thoughts, still feeling my hands shake when someone had tapped my shoulder, making me jump a bit.

"Y/N? You okay?" Andy asked me and I glanced up at him, a look of worry on his face and I nodded my head, lying to him and myself.

"Y-Yeah, I'm okay. Just, preparing myself for this presentation," I muttered, my gaze looking back at the folder on my desk. His hand laid on my shoulder, rubbing it softly as he smiled down at me.

"You got this, Y/N. I know you do," He pressed a small kiss to my head, my cheeks turning pink, blushing as I closed my eyes. I was about to thank him when Leslie called me into the conference room, glancing at the clock, an hour gone by way too quickly. I looked back at Andy, fear present in my eyes as his face fell, pulling me into a hug. "Don't worry, I'll be there," He whispered, both of us walking into the conference room, my heartbeat pounding against my chest. Everyone sat down, looking at me as I stood at the podium, the notes in front of me. I close my eyes for a minute, trying to compose myself, but it's not successful.

"S-So," I started, swallowing visibly, my hands getting clammy. "W-We contacted the m-mayor, um, for a loan t-to help with the park," I stuttered, breathing heavily, getting a little dizzy. I gripped the podium, becoming a little harder to breathe as I heard whispers from the group, all of them looking at me weirdly except for Andy, who's got a worried expression on his looks. "I-I'm sorry," I muttered, tears sliding down my cheeks as I ran out of the room, Andy close on my tail as he calls out my name. I made it outside before I slid down one of the columns, heavy breaths escaping my lips as I clutched my chest with my hand, wanting my heart to stop beating so fast.

"Y/N? Y/N, hey," Andy said, patting my cheeks with his hand as I glanced up at him. "What's wrong? W-What's happening?" He questioned and I let out little gasps, trying to speak.

"P-Pan-Panic attack," I breathed out and he frowned, pushing the hair out of my face, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"Oh god, do you know that five things method?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Alright, c'mon, look around you okay," He soothed and I look around us finding five things that I can see.

"I-I see a statue, kids walking with their parents, cars, couples, and y-you. Four things I can touch, t-the ground, stone, fabric," I mutter, gripping Andy's shirt, "a-and ridges in the concrete." I breathed, my heart calming down a bit as I kept going. "Three things I can hear, traffic, dogs, and people talking," I looked up at Andy, seeing a smile on his lips. "Two things I can smell, lunch and your cologne." I bit my lip, loving the smell of his cologne as he licked his lips. "One thing I can taste," I started and Andy leaned down, pressing his lips against mine as my breath hitched in my throat. I move my lips against his, my eyes fluttering shut as I moved my hand through his hair. Andy pulled away from me, smiling down at me as the blush on my cheeks darkened. "Y-your lips," I stuttered, biting my lip as he helped me to my feet, my heartbeat finally beating normally.

"You okay now?" He asked and I nodded my head, smiling at him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you so much, Andy," I whispered, feeling his hands slide around my waist, resting on my lower back.

"It's not a problem. One of my old friends used to have panic attacks. Um, I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out to dinner. Maybe as a way to repay me for helping you?" He chuckled and I pulled away from him, playfully glaring at him as I hit his chest. I giggled, nodding my head, his hand intertwining with mine.

"I'd love too, Andy," I smiled, placing a kiss to his cheek.

Vote! Comment! Share! Send Requests!