Are You Jealous? {Owen Grady}

I finally got my dream job, which is to work at Jurassic World as an herbivore trainer, the Apatosaurus to be exact. This type of dinosaur has been my absolute favorite since I was a young girl and now I get to work with them everyday. When I had first arrived on the island, I couldn't contain my excitement and my boss, Claire, could see that. She had explained everything that I needed to know, gave me a map of the whole park, and showed me where I would be living. My bungalow is across from someone else's. Claire didn't mention who as I admired my new home. She left not too long after showing me the bungalow and told me to pick up my company car whenever I wanted to use it, which was soon.

That night, I met my neighbor and he was quite the looker. I attempted to make myself look presentable as I walked not even fifty feet to his bungalow, which included a little shack built onto it. I let out a shaky breath, feeling a little nervous as I knocked onto the metal door. He yelled out that he'd be there in a minute as I waited, hands clasped together, rocking on my heels. I bit the inside of my lip when the door opened, the most handsome guy I've ever seen standing on the other side of it. He had sandy brown hair, green eyes, and a bit of scruff on his face. Which I absolutely loved. I blinked a few times as I noticed him check me out a bit, a blush rising on my cheeks, clearing my throat.

"Hi, I'm Y/N L/N. I'm your new neighbor," I smiled, holding out my hand for him to take. He smiled down at me, shaking my hand with a firm grip.

"Hi, Y/N. I'm Owen, Owen Grady," He grinned and I nodded my head, wondering if it's too early to ask him to dinner, just to get to know each other. "I just made dinner, if you want to join me," Owen said and I beamed, nodding my head.

"I'd love too, especially since I don't have any food or a car yet." I chuckled as he laughed, stepping aside, letting me into his home first. He closed the door behind him as I stood in the middle of the room, still as nervous as I was before.

We ate spaghetti and meatballs, talking about ourselves and what we do here on the island. Owen happens to work with the Velociraptors, which I found incredibly attractive and exciting. I had gone to bed that night thinking about Owen and ended up having this crazy dream about him where he had saved my life and took me back to his bungalow. He had brought me to his bedroom and we ended up fucking. It's been about two and a half years since that night, in which he still has no idea about the dream, and he never will. But, the two of us are really close, absolute best friends and I couldn't be happier. Well, I could since I have the biggest crush on him and would love to be something more.

I was driving towards the raptor paddock, bringing lunch to Owen since he couldn't leave because Barry had called in sick. I decided, since I didn't want to eat by myself, that I'll bring lunch to him instead. As I parked, getting out of the car with bags of food in hand, I noticed Owen talking to Claire, both of them standing rather too close for my liking. My eyebrows furrowed together, confused as I walked up to them, giving a small smile.

"Hi Claire," I muttered, handing Owen his lunch bag, continuing to walk up towards the platform that looks down into the paddock, four raptors running around, chasing each other. I spent a lot of time here and still never manage to see Owen training these animals. From what I've heard from Barry, it's incredible. I sat down onto the floor, feet dangling off of the walkway, digging into my bag, pulling out some fries. I began to eat, glancing towards Owen and Claire as they continued talking, smiles on both their faces, her arm laid against his bicep. I thought she couldn't stand him... I sighed, looking down at the food in my hand, suddenly losing my appetite. I put the fries back in the bag, deciding I'll save them for later when I get hungry. He knows I don't have much time 'til I have to go back and see Eevee. I sat there for a good ten minutes when my watch went off, signaling that it was time to go back to work. I got up, dusting my ass off of any dirt that people had tracked up here, picking up my bag before walking back down the stairs. "Owen?" I asked, my lips pressed together as he glanced back at me, his eyes widening.