Horus

The next morning I awoke in Anubis arms. I thought he was still sleeping so I decided to snuggle up at him and closed my eyes again. "Come on Bastet we have to get up.", I heard Anubis saying next to me like if he woke up just a moment ago. "But I don't want to.", I purred. "But you have to. Horus will be waiting for us in Osiris hall, forgot that? Trust me, you don't want to argue with him about good manners plus being late this early.", Anubis said with discomfort. "Also if he wants to see me, his best friend right before chaos itself, it has to be something quite important." With these words Anubis stood up and pulled our blanket away so that I had to get up, if I wanted or not. "By the way... Sorry about what I did with your shirt last night. We have another one over here, but I will buy you a new one next time we'll go to the market." Suddenly my mood changed. "We will go to a market?... I really need new clothes, I guess.", I said smiling. "By the way, how would you manage that nobody will see the... difference from our bodies to normal humans?", this was a really interesting question to me. "You'll see my love, but first..." A loud knocking on the door interrupted him. "...Horus.", he finished his sentence. "Anubis, get out now you lazy oversized dog! You are late, so you have to meet me HERE and NOW!", a male voice shouted. "Let me handle that.", I said smirking. I stood up from the bed and went straight to our bedroom's door. I opened it right away. Naked. "I'm sorry Horus, but we need a couple more minutes to get ready for our talk. So if you don't mind...", with these words I turned around again and went back in our room, closing the door and leaving a speechless falcon-headed god with an open mouth behind me.

After some time, without Horus knocking at our door again, we went (dressed) to Osiris hall. Of course Horus was waiting for us over there but this time he didn't yelled at Anubis. As he saw me, his falcon-face went red and he turned away. "Where's Osiris? Won't he join us?", I asked confused. If this thing had to be important, the god of the underworld should know, I thought. "It's just a little thing. Nothing really important, so he can miss out our discussion.", Horus said. "Then tell me, what is your visit all about?", Anubis rose his voice.

"Up there in the human world, we, no I, have a liiiiiiittle problem. Do you remember Seth?" After this words Anubis face hardened and his hands became fists. I could also hear a growling from his direction. "Oh you remember.", Horus said smiling. "He's a little out of control up there. Probably Isis rejected or tricked him again and this caused his rage. You know, I would handle him myself but since he lost the fight against me last time, I'm in his bad books." "Horus, why do I always have to tidy up the mess you made?", now Anubis looked annoyed. "Because you are the god of the dead and funeral and... so on? If Seth causes many deaths it would be your and Osiris problem, not mine. Because to whom would all the dead come before their afterlife? Let me guess..." Horus started to grin again. "Stop it already, I got your point.", Anubis said pissed. "You should get ready and face him tomorrow. At the moment he's in Cairo. I think you'll find him quite easy. just follow the screaming humans or ask the police. Would be funny if they tried to arrest him.", with this words Horus left the room faster than anyone of us could complain about the task and I just heard a strange bird like laughing as he exit the temple.

"Anubis...", I started. "Wait I will soon explain you everything about Horus and Seth and Isis and..." "Anubis.", I interrupted his explanation. "I wasn't wondering about any of them. I... I can't remember about the world outside. I... I lost my old memories.", tears started to run down my cheeks. "Hey, don't cry.", Anubis wiped away my tears with his big warm hands. "Tomorrow you'll get them back, I promise.", his voice sounded caring and soft. "It will be fun, you'll see. Also I will buy you some 'up to date' things. I heard rumors about a new invention called 'Cell Phone', let's check it out together before we look around searching for Seth.", his words brought a big smile on my face.

The night before we went to Cairo was short and sleepless, I was just too excited for the next day to come. After Anubis and I finished our 'breakfast', which was (again) more like a predator feeding, Anubis lead me to a new part far away from our normal routes in of Osiris temple. I never saw this place before. There was a rather little, compared to the dining room's, poor decorated door in front of us. "So, here we are. This is the entrance, or exit of Osiris temple. Are you ready to meet the outside world again?", Anubis looked smiling at me. "Yes I think I am. Let's go."