Shared memory

Sorry for the late update guys. I began to go to university this year and blah blah blah, details details details. I know you don't want to hear excuses so anyway... Have fun with the new extra long chapter(s) (See it as a late Christmas gift, better late than never) :) And a happy new year in advance ^^

Your Dragon_owl

Right after the impact, caused by our 'brilliant' captain Seth, I heard Sobek screaming something in egyptian. At that moment I was already making my way back on deck from the ships hold. Suddenly I stopped in the middle of the stairs leading upwards as I saw Sobeks face looking down from above. I expected to see something like concern or worry written on his face but instead he just grinned mischievously. Our eyes crossed. "See you on the other side honey.", he said and before I could even think about the meaning behind his words, an all swallowing darkness crept into my vision from everywhere at the same time. It covered everything around me in mere seconds.

"Anubis?", I whispered anxiously. As he answered his voice seemed omnipresent and mighty  but at the same time like a soft breeze, whispering in my ear. "Don't worry... This is the moment your newborn self enters the Duat for the first time... You might remember things from your past while crossing the line between the so called 'normal world' and the world beyond... You'll be alright, don't be afraid." At the end his voice faded away.

I thought I would be back alone in this absolute anesthetic darkness, but to my surprise my surroundings slowly began to shape and lighten up. At first my vision cleared but I still didn't heard or smelled anything. The few seconds before I could hear again I recognized that I was no longer on our ship. My surroundings had drastically changed.

This new environment was really dry and barely grass nor trees stood out from the sandy ground. In the distance dunes in front of the setting sun threw long shadows at the ground and a soft breeze blew some hot desert-air in my direction. Then my hearing and smelling came back. It hit me like a wall, too strong to fight against it. The smell of blood was so overwhelming that I almost threw up. After a moment of cowering on the ground and pure concentration I got used to the strong smell and finally I turned around.

What I saw shocked me at first. The desert sand was painted red and a enormously big body of an unidentifiable creature lay in a big pool of blood. I wanted to turn away from this cruel scene but I saw two people and heard familiar voices right next to this giant mess, so I forced myself to go to them.

As I came closer I wanted to shout their names but something was odd. Even in their human form I recognized Anubis and Sobek right away even as they were both covered in blood and also littered with more or less harmless wounds. Their weapons,  swords which I knew as Khopeshs were also soaked in blood and deep red. The fight with that creature must've been really hard I thought. Beside that, they both looked different than before. Younger than before and they smiled like they just had the most fun in their lives. "Anubis, Sobek, what happened here?!?", I yelled in their direction. To my surprise they didn't seem to notice me. Suddenly they began to talk to each other and I knew what was happening. I was in a memory... again. Last time was so embarrassing that I had hoped this wouldn't happen again. But nevertheless It brought me and Anubis back together so it was a good thing I supposed. So here I was again... The only strange thing was that this didn't seem to was my memory. If it was, they should have been able to see or interact with me... I didn't had a bad intention in mind or something like that, and didn't knew how I got into a memory of one of them so I thought it would be best to listen to them and follow them around for the time being. At least I could regain some informations about them and why Anubis is so tense towards him these days or something else important. So right now I decided to just observe them and wait for what to come.

"Hey Anubis! You fought well. I never thought she would be that strong. Didn't looked like much.", Sobek stepped towards Anubis and punched him playfully on his arm. "Oh come on you had to provoke her didn't you?" he answered. "Urgh look at me now. I am covered in blood and smell lime death himself!" "Oh come on Anubis. I't isn't that bad. Didn't warriors some centuries ago used to smell like that all the time?" Both broke out in laughter. "At least I would like to get out of this dirty clothes if you don't mind 'o mighty warrior' " Anubis said joking to Sobek. "If you want to clean of her blood so badly either you can strip or I can show you some hot springs nearby. I observed her quite a while before we attacked so I know some small oases around here." After that Sobek pointed in a direction towards the dunes I saw before. I was happy to follow them. Every step away from the mess they created was a relief for my sensible nose. They arrived at the hot springs shortly after. But the so called 'hot springs' were just one hot spring merely having space for both of them.

"So this are your fabulous 'hot springs' eh?", Anubis asked mocking. "You know when I was here last time there was more water in them but I guess some must have been dried out due to the few rain this summer. But at least we can wash off the blood." The hot spring really wasn't that bad as Anubis said. Sure it was just a small pool of water but it was inside a small cave shield from the sun and inside the cave grew some small plants and moss. It sure was a nice place.

"So which one of us goes first?", Anubis asked. "First? Oh come on, we fought back on back, we can also just bath together.", Sobek answered smirking. "But isn't it a little small for the two of us?", Anubis asked a little confused. "There's only one way to find out." Sobek said mischievously. 

I blushed really hard when I saw Sobek stripping off his clothes, showing off his body and then slipping into the crystal water. His body was well defined and I had to admit, very attractive. The water drops left a trail on his body when he moved in the little pool, the water level just about his waist. As I forced myself to look away I saw Anubis staring at him. His face was red as the setting sun, a colorful contrast to his raven hair. "What? Never seen a naked guy before Anubis?" Sobek asked grinning. "Don't just stare at me, come on in and join me.", he said. "O... Okay." Anubis answered stuttering, his face still bright red. As Anubis stripped down he didn't looked as self confident as as Sobek but his body was trained as well, he had nothing to be ashamed of... Neither in his lower regions. He had some small wounds all over his body which would later turn into the scars I saw on his older self, I supposed. To my relief they didn't seem as bad as I first thought when I saw them standing besides the dead creature. Anubis started to walk towards Sobek and got into the small pool besides him. I decided to go and sit against the cave wall because even if I was just a memory from the past, it was getting quite warm outside in the blazing sun. Where I sat down I was in good hearing range and I was also able to watch them both from the side. 

"See? I said we would both fit in here didn't I?" Sobek asked, turning towards Anubis. They both faced each other. "You're right but isn't it a little too narrow in here?", Anubis whispered, his face still red. "I mean our bodies are nearly touching each other...", his face turned into an even darker shade of red. "Oh? I didn't thought of it as 'a problem'. I thought it would be easier to to clean off the dirt if you got a helping hand you know? To help scrub your back for example." As Sobek answered calmly Anubis face got a normal colour again. "Yeah, you're right.", he turned around. "Please help me with my back.", Anubis asked visibly more relaxed than before. What he didn't saw was Sobeks face lighten up and his eyes shining with a predator like gaze. To my surprise in conflict with his looks he just washed Anubis back as he promised. The water beneath them seemed to magically clean itself from the pollution of their off coming dirty from their bodies but since I got through a lot, nothing seemed impossible... not even a magical self cleaning hot spring somewhere in the desert. 

Anubis seemed to be even more relaxed after all the dirt was washed off of his body. "Are you done Sobek? Do you want me to wash your back too?", Anubis asked calmly with his eyes closed. "Nah I'm good, I didn't got as dirty as you did.", he replied mockingly. "But there's still some dirt on you. I'll wash it off." This time he lied. "Oh, where is it?", Anubis asked unsuspecting. "I'll show you...", Sobek whispered.