The calm before the storm

Hey guys. I hope you enjoy the new chapter and it helps putting your mind off of the omnipresent Covid-19 theme... I hope every one of you is well and safe. Remember to wash your hands and stay safe <3

Love,

your Dragon_owl

Sobeks body lay heavy on top of mine. I could feel his fast heartbeat and the heat coming from his body. My mind went blank. I completely forgot that I only wore a light night gown and he was mostly naked... "Bastet?", he whispered surprised. "Yes?" I said, continuing this awkward conversation.

"I... I'm sorry I thought you were... someone else. I smelled the blood through the door and... Let's say bad memories came back". He threw his dagger on the ground and I felt his body relaxing. "Sobek?", I asked shyly. "You know you're still on top of me... naked..." His bed sheet had slit off of his body, exposing every inch of him. I couldn't help but stare.

When I finally averted my gaze I saw him eyeing my gown. His hands gently slit under it, making me gasp surprised. "Sobek, you know I'm with Anubis right?", I tried to sound confident. "And you know I was too.", he smiled. "Don't think I couldn't read your face back on the ship after we entered Maat. I know what you saw.", he chuckled at the end. "Don't you worry there's no need to feel bad. You are a goddess. You're not forced to be monogamous." He smirked mischievously. "Anyways, we need to find...", I gasped as his fingers slit further up my body, leaving a hot path behind. "I need your help to find Anubi..." My words were cut off again, this time by Sobek kissing me passionately.

Suddenly the door busted open, Seth storming into the room. "Bastet how is it going with Sobeeeeoooh..." he looked at us shocked. My face turned red.

"Now is not the time for that!" Seth exclaimed. For a moment he distracted Sobek. I used the chance to collect myself physically and pushed him off of me. Unfortunately he lost his balance while I did so and landed pretty ungraciously on the floor. Seth busted out into laughter while Sobek quickly got up, trying to maintain the last bit of his grace... still naked... which made Seth laugh even more. He got serious pretty soon though, after all Apophis had just died.

While Sobek put on some clothes I explained everything that happened to him. After a short pause he looked me right in the eye and smiled. "I know exactly where he went."

"Seth, you and Re should stay here and try to do something to get us a ride back to the surface world."Sobek said firmly. Seth nodded.

Shortly after that I had quickly changed into a less transparent outfit. As I stepped outside the tavern, Sobek already awaited me. He wore a red turban, covering half of his face. "Why are you wearing that?",I asked him bluntly. "We can't wait any longer to start our search and I don't want to get a face full of sand in the sandstorm." He answered. I looked to the perfectly blue horizon without the hint of any clouds. "Suuuure.", I said, confused.

Sobek led the two of us deeper and deeper into the desert. Suddenly I felt the wind getting stronger and saw the sky darkening. "Sobek?", my voice shook a little. He stopped not far away from me and looked at the sky. "Are we there soon?... Wherever 'THERE' might be?" My eyes narrowed as I saw the big grin on his face when he turned around."No, not quite." he smiled. "If you want to keep your face sand-free, come here. If you stay close to me you can use part of the fabric of my turban to cover up... It's a pretty big turban." He smiled mischievously.

Reluctantly, I agreed and we continued on our way. Shortly after, we found ourselves in the middle of a big Sandstorm. As the sandstorm raged on, I pressed my body close against Sobeks. I tried to shield myself from the wind, without much of a success. Every time the wind hit my clothes, I felt as if someone tried to tear them apart. I gasped in pain as the wind slightly lifted my top up and my skin got exposed. It felt as if someone stroked me with Sandpaper. Sobek seemed to notice my struggle. "We're nearly there. Don't worry.", he shouted against the wind.

Sobek was right. After he told me, we didn't walk for much longer and arrived at a small cave, shield from the wind. This place seemed familiar to me. We slowly walked inside the cave, covered in sand. In it grew some plants and moss. Not far away from the entrance was a big pond filled with bubbling water. In my memory it was much smaller so I assumed that was its normal size when it lead enough water. As we walked deeper inside the cave, further away from the storm, I could see a silhouette in one corner, leaning with his back against the wall. Suddenly, I felt as if the storm had stopped and a shiver run down my spine.

"Anubis...?", I whispered. The silhouette twitched. Slowly he turned his head. It was indeed Anubis, but he didn't look like I knew him. His body was covered in blood, his face red, cheeks covered in salty crusts where tears had streamed down. He looked awful.

"Bast...", he seemed shocked. Then his eyes met Sobeks. "I knew you would come here.", he said softly. "Leave me alone! It had to be done! I regret nothing!" He shouted, tears starting to form inside the corners of his eyes. I slowly walked towards him. "Bastet, you don't know. You... you don't remember what Apophis did to you, you...", his voice cracked and broke. "Shhh..." His eyes widened in surprise as I bent down to him and hugged him tightly, some of the blood staining my clothes. I felt him relaxing and slowly embracing the hug. Sobek sat down at the opposite site of us and started to tell Anubis the truth about Apophis and the relationship between Apophis and Re.

Anubis began to shiver as Sobek continued. First I thought he was about to cry, but as I looked into his eyes I saw a fire burning inside. "So I just killed the wrong god.", he said... more to himself than to us. "I hope Apophis will accept my honest apology when the time comes but now... I have to kill Re's son." He stated gravely. He stood up and walked into the direction of the cave entrance. I didn't know what to do but luckily, this time I hadn't to do anything. As soon as Anubis started to walk away Sobek held him back by his arm.

"Don't you dare try to defeat this bastard on your own.", Sobek said smiling cunningly. Anubis turned around, smiled and grabbed his hand firmly. He looked into Sobeks eyes with confidence. "Let's do this like we did in the old times." Sobek smiled. "But first we have to get rid of all that sand and blood."

Suddenly pictures of the memory I had back at the ship flashed inside my head and I turned deep red. ...Of course they noticed. "Hey Bastet, what's wrong with you? Remembering something?", Sobek asked mischievously. "Bastet? You didn't tell me which memory came back when we entered the Duat and you've been a little bit strange since...", Anubis said. I looked away. " Bastet please tell me.", Anubis looked right at me, which made my face turn even redder.

"Bastet come o..." Anubis sentence was cut off by Sobek swiftly turning his face towards his own and kissing him deeply.

My eyes widened.

As Sobek parted from Anubis, Anubis gasped for air, his face bright red. As he saw my reaction he immediately knew. "Bastet I... I'm sorry." He said out of breath. "You don't have to be." I answered, staring at the floor. Because I didn't pay any attention to them I was completely unprepared for what happened next.

Suddenly I felt Sobek gently pushing my face upwards, turning it towards him. "No need to be ashamed", he whispered. I was very confused as he kissed me too. My head started spinning when I felt him deepening the kiss.

"Sobek!" I heard Anubis growling from aside."Oh come on." He smirked. "Don't you deny that that made you hard." He snickered and looked down at Anubis hips. I couldn't deny neither that I was turned on. Anubis looked at me longingly.

"Anyways... We can continue in a moment but we should take a bath before it don't you think?"

Without further hesitation Sobek began to undress. I couldn't help myself and watched in awe as the clothes revealed his trained body. He was more muscular than Anubis and had less scars covering his body. Sobek smoothly got into the big pond of bubbling water. "He's right we should wash off the dirt of our bodies" Anubis said, staring at him. He quickly undressed, trying to hide his erection, with less success, and got into the pond too. "Bastet, won't you join us?", Sobek asked seductively. I stared at them, both of them waiting for me and eyeing me longingly.