What's Going On?

It's been at least a week since I've been beaten up. But I had a fresh black eye from my run last night. I had gotten myself into a big fight trying to protect this girl and they all came after me. I got at least four men tied up but then ran into trouble. I got punched across the face by one of the men, and I immediately tied him up after that. Then as I was getting into more trouble, Spider-Man had decided to show up and help me. After that I went home and put ice on my face trying to stop the swelling.

I had sunglasses over my eyes hiding my black eye. I waited at the bus stop for Peter to arrive. Me and him have actually become best friends. We talk more and hang out more too. As I sat down on the bench I could see Peter running towards the bus stop.

"Hey Rose." He said as he tried to catch his breath.

"Hi Peter." I smiled at him.

"What's with the sunglasses?" He asked pointing towards my face.

I laughed.

"It's sunny outside you dork."

Peter laughed and shook his head. He really hates it when I call him dork.

When we got to school I still had my sunglasses on and I explained that to all my teachers in every class. They were totally fine with it.

Once it was time for lunch I went to the line and got the same, milk and a sandwich. I went outside and sat next to Peter. He looked at me and did a double take.

"Have you been wearing those sun glasses all day?" Peter asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe."

After lunch and more classes it was soon time to head home. Me and Peter got off at our stop and began to walk towards the apartment building.

"Ok, did you seriously keep those on all day?" Peter asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"You gonna take them off, it's not really that sunny out now." Peter stopped walking.

"I'm good." I went to move around him but he quickly took the sunglasses off my face. Before he could see my black eye I turned my head away from him.

He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. Then he let go and examined my eye.

"What happened, where did this come from?" Peter asked worried.

"Would you believe me if I told you I fell?" I asked shyly.

Peter crossed his arms.

"Just tell me what really happened." Peter said.

"I slipped on the kitchen tile because I forgot to clean up a spill I made. Then when I fell I hit my eye near one of the kitchen cabinets." I played with my hands.

"Rose," Peter said,"this happened two days ago except you had bruises on your arms. Please just tell me what's going on."

I looked down at my feet.

"I'm telling you the truth," tears fell down my cheeks and onto the sidewalk. I hated lying to him, but I didn't want to tell anyone about my powers. "Besides, you've been doing the same thing too." I told Peter.

"How's that?" Peter asked.

I looked up at Peter.

"You wear long sleeve shirts sometimes to hide these." I grabbed Peters right arm and pulled down the sleeve, revealing some dark bruises.

Peter pulled his arm away and covered it back up.

"That's because I accidentally hit my arm against the wall." Peter started to get upset.

"You know what, we can talk to each other once you tell me what's really happening to you." Peter then walked away leaving me all alone on the sidewalk.

I got to my apartment and unlocked the door. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. Aunt Lauren was probably working late tonight to earn more money. I was ok with that but I hated being alone.

Inside the apartment, the lights were off and I kept it that way. I shivered and rubbed my arms to make myself warm.

"Where is that breeze coming from?" I said to myself.

I looked around the room to find that one of the windows near the couch was opened. I walked over and closed the window, locking it in the process. When I turned around I jumped back almost hitting the man in front of me. I went to scream but he covered my mouth and told me to shush. I looked closely and saw that it was none other than Spider-Man.

"What are you doing in my apartment!" I whisper-shouted.

He stood up straight and rubbed the back of his neck. He seemed nervous for some reason.

"I came to ask you something." He said.

"And what's that?" I asked.

"Have you seen this girl, she dresses up just like me except her suit is white and black with some pink." He used his hands when he talked.

"You mean Spider-Girl?" I said. I was becoming a little nervous, what if he found out who I was?!

"Yes, her." Spider-Man looked at me.

"I haven't seen her," I lied," why are you even asking me this?" I crossed my arms ready for an answer.

"I saw her one night near this window and thought you might have seen something."

I shook my head. His voice definitely sounded familiar to me but I couldn't figure it out.

He stood in front of me for about three minutes then decided to leave. When he left I walked towards my bedroom and went to bed. I wanted to tell Peter about my powers, I really did. But every time I try and tell someone, they reject me and stop talking to me. They call me weird and messed up in the head. And I don't want that to happen to me if I was to tell Peter.